Priority 2: Advance Student Learning and Research in the Service to Humanity
The Library values teaching and research as a service to humanity. We prepare students to become engaged citizens and scholars through teaching information literacy. We collaborate with faculty through the entire research life cycle, with the aim of extending the impact/reach of their work to the broader community.
- Goal 1: Develop inclusive teaching practices infused with social justice principles.
- Objective 1: Deepen library instructor competency in DEI/social justice pedagogies
- Objective 2: Improve accessibility of online teaching materials
- Objective 3: Support textbook affordability and open educational resources
- Objective 4: Collaborate with faculty in a wider variety of departments to integrate Archives & Special Collections materials highlighting the lived experiences of marginalized groups
- Goal 2: Building readiness and ongoing capacity for online instruction.
- Objective 1: Experiment with new tools and deepen the use of existing tools for online instruction delivery
- Objective 2: Strengthen librarian competency in online teaching modalities
- Objective 3: Explore ways to integrate Archives & Special Collections in an online environment
- Goal 3: Articulate the Library's approach to supporting student and faculty research throughout the research life cycle.
- Objective 1: Articulate the areas of support provided by the Library
- Objective 2: Identify, develop, and communicate new research services
- Objective 3: Increase Open Access publishing and engagement