Priority 1: Develop and Apply a Social Justice Model
Library staff engage in self study and reflection to articulate and apply practices to transform the library in alignment with our core professional values and the Jesuit commitment to broader social equity.
- Goal 1: Initiate a process to reflect on what it means to be a social justice library.
- Objective 1: Define what it means to be a social justice library
- Objective 2: Operationalize a model for a social justice library
- Goal 2: Apply the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Objective 1: Create specific initiatives that advance anti-racism, diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) at SCU and the broader profession
- Objective 1: Develop and engage in collaborative projects and initiatives related to the Ohlone and other Native American communities
- Objective 3: Review internal policies and practices to better align with values of DEI and social justice
- Objective 4: Build staff knowledge and capacity of diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Goal 3: Create opportunities for sharing of and engagement with social justice initiatives.
- Objective 1: Develop a tailored communication plan to promote social justice activities
- Objective 2: Collaborate on-campus to share and learn from other areas in building and deploying a social justice model
- Objective 3: Share our experience applying a social justice model with the library profession at large