LINK+ is a service that allows current SCU students, faculty, and staff to borrow materials from over 50 other college & public libraries in California & Nevada, provided that those materials are not available at the SCU libraries.
There are more than 5.7 million titles in LINK+. Of these, more than 60% are owned by only one member library. For articles and other library materials not available via LINK+, the Library offers our traditional interlibrary loan & document delivery services.
CSU Libraries' Materials No Longer Available
All California State University libraries, with the exception of CSU Long Beach, are leaving the LINK+ consortium and ceased lending on April 28. While we are committed to providing you with borrowed materials in a timely manner, please expect that this may take a bit longer as we transition to other ILL sources for materials no longer available through LINK+.
Searching LINK+ can be done in two ways:
- You may directly search the entire LINK+ database at any time by clicking on LINK+ from OSCAR's homepage. From there, you may search by author, title, keyword or subject just as you do in OSCAR.
- After any search in OSCAR (e.g., author, title, keyword, etc.), you may re-do your search in LINK+ by clicking on the or buttons wherever they appear.
If an item is available on LINK+, you will have the option of requesting materials. You will be asked for your name and barcode number (the number beginning with "25098..." on your ACCESS card).
You may also go to one of the participating libraries to check out materials directly as a Visiting Patron.
In addition to millions of books, many LINK+ libraries lend media such as DVDs and CDs. Items owned by the SCU libraries cannot be borrowed from LINK+ unless all SCU copies are currently checked out or otherwise unavailable. Journals, journal articles, and reference materials are generally not available through LINK+.
Yes, Visiting Patron is a service that allows SCU patrons to check out materials directly from other LINK+ libraries using your ACCESS card. You can go to any of the LINK+ libraries that allow Visiting Patron and borrow any item that you could borrow through traditional LINK+. Materials circulate for the same number of days as normally delivered LINK+ items.
The libraries in the list that do not allow visiting patron are either closed to the general public or require a card issued by that library. You can continue to borrow items from these libraries through traditional LINK+.
LINK+ materials will usually be available within 3 days for you to pick up at the Library Help Desk. You'll receive an email notice when your item has arrived.
You may monitor the status of your LINK+ request using My Library Account on OSCAR. You will be able to see when your material has been Requested, or when it is In Transit or Ready for Pickup.
- Media can be borrowed for 7 days and cannot be renewed.
- Other materials can be borrowed for 21 days and a single renewal can be requested for an additional 21 days. You must wait until 3 days prior to the original due date before you can request a renewal.
- Materials not returned by the third overdue notice will result in a block on your library privileges.
- Items not returned will be billed at $115.