Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and Document Delivery are free services for SCU students, faculty, and staff to facilitate books, magazine or journal articles, conference proceedings, dissertations, and other digital and print research materials.
For faster access to physical books & media, the library also offers courier-based resource sharing of library materials via LINK+.
- Login to your interlibrary loan account and choose a New Request type from the Main Menu.
- Complete the form, remembering to change the Not Wanted After Date if necessary.
- Click Submit.
Soon after you have placed your request, you will receive an email message with an estimated time of arrival.
To have a chapter or article scanned out of a book or journal that is only available in print at the library and can't be purchased in an electronic format:
- Complete an Interlibrary Loan Request. NOTE: The form requires your network login and it records your name.
- Select the option for a book chapter or an article and provide a full citation including author, title, and source for all copyrighted material on the form.
- Once it's scanned, the link to the PDF file will be in your interlibrary loan account.
Given Copyright limitations, the Library can only scan a limited amount of material from one publication. Generally, one journal article or a book chapter is permitted. If the requested book or journal is available electronically, you will be directed to the online resource.
- Electronic delivery takes 1-3 days. Many recently published articles can be supplied within 1-48 hours.
- Mail delivery takes 7-15 days. Books, proceedings, dissertations, and some articles not available electronically will come through the mail.
- Every effort is made to obtain resources in less than 15 days. However, some requests may take longer to arrive.