Senior Leadership Academy
The Senior Leadership Academy is a unique program offered by the Leavey School of Business which provides undergraduate business seniors the opportunity at an in-depth exploration of a leadership topic relevant to postgraduate life. 2018-2019 application is now open.
Each Academy theme varies based upon current topics students will deal with throughout their senior year and postgraduate life. Participants engage in conversation and help shape the experience.
ACADEMY HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Presentations by Silicon Valley leaders experienced in aspects of the topic
- Readings and reflections on specific skills required to master leadership in the topic area
- Weekend retreat facilitated by subject matter experts
- Alumni networking and mentoring
- Formal dinners with leading corporate executives and their spouses discussing work and family life
- Professional development coaching
The program pairs each senior with an alumni mentor who provides one-on-one mentorship and support to discuss topics like personal and professional development, including career exploration, work-life balance, navigating financial planning, transitioning from a student to a working professional.
JOINING THE ACADEMY
The 2018-2019 Senior Leadership Academy will examine personal and professional leadership through times of change with the theme: “Mindful Leadership during Life Transition”.
Guiding questions for this experience include:
- How do I evolve from student to young professional?
- In what ways will my leadership skills transition to my next chapter of life?
- What are different strategies to prepare for upcoming changes?