- To ensure a smooth transition to AIMS, we are extending the no enforcement period through Sunday, September 24th! Permit enforcement resumes on Tuesday, September 25th.
- Staff & Faculty needing a new 2023-2024 parking permit may purchase one on eCampus
- Students needing a new 2023-2024 parking permit may purchase one via MySCU Portal
- There is a policy prohibiting first-year residents from bringing a vehicle to campus. Please complete this form if you are a first-year in need of a parking permit.
Transportation Services is a subset of Campus Safety Services providing essential parking and transportation services to the campus community. We are dedicated to providing parking on campus that is both safe and reliable. We strive to provide transportation services that exceed the needs and expectations of accessibility, mobility, and sustainability through service that emphasizes fairness and respect.
We are dedicated to arrange parking on campus that is both safe and reliable. We strive to provide transportation services that exceed the needs and expectations of accessibility, mobility, and sustainability with service that prides itself on fairness and respect.
We support and facilitate the achievement of the University mission and objectives by maintaining a peaceful, safe, and secure campus environment that is accessible and inviting to students, faculty, staff, and guests.
We maintain twenty-four hour dispatch and patrol staffing to assist the campus community with escorting, parking, motorist assistance, information, and event planning.
We are committed to fair and impartial exercise of our authority and respecting fundamental human rights.
- Integrity: We are committed to the highest ideals of honor and integrity to maintain the respect and confidence of the campus community, the campus neighborhood and external public safety agencies.
- Service: We are committed to providing appropriate, timely, friendly, and courteous service through positive interpersonal relationships while always seeking to improve the quality and image of our professional service delivery.
- Ownership: We are committed to individual and departmental responsibility and accountability for the effectiveness of our strategies and service responses.
- Continuous Improvement: We are committed to personal training and development, efficient utilization of technology, tracking the best practices and creative thinking as paths to ever greater operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Our Service Objectives
We are committed to earning the respect of the University community by proactively demonstrating the contribution we make to campus life.
- To demonstrate care, understanding, and sensitivity in all personal communications and interactions.
- To demonstrate an eagerness to be of service and a commitment to act in the best interest of the University, constituent groups, and individuals.
- To earn the confidence and support of the campus community by performing our services in an acknowledgeable and professional manner.
- To represent the University well by maintaining the highest standards in personal and operational commitment, appearance, attitude, and actions.
- To be, and be perceived as being, an organization whose services and activities are dependable, timely, and correct.
General content, Parking & Transportation staff member.
We are a dedicated group providing parking and transportation services to staff, faculty, students, and visitors of the Santa Clara University campus.
We are located on the North side of the Parking Structure. We look forward to answering your questions, so come on down!
Parking & Transportation Services Staff
|Leah Nakasaki-Peterson||Assistant Director||(408) 551-1699|
|Natalie Rios||Office Manager||(408) 551-7092|
|Jasmine Jimenez||Shift Supervisor||(408) 551-3610|
|Vacant||Parking Staff Member|
|Vacant||Parking Staff Member|
Leah Nakasaki-Peterson, Assistant Director, is a Super Bronco and has been serving the SCU community for the past 16 years. She joined the P&TS team in April 2022. Away from work, she enjoys baking, going to the coast, family movie nights, hiking, working out, spa days, and spending time with her friends and family.
Natalie Rios, Office Manager, has been serving the SCU community since November, 2021. Outside of work, she loves cooking, hiking, cleaning/organizing and spending time with her family and friends.
Jasmine Jimenez, Shift Supervisor, is a Super Bronco and joined the P&TS team in June 2022. Outside of work she enjoys traveling, exercising, eating good food, napping, anything beauty related, and spending quality time with her loved ones.