Transportation Services provides support for all campus transportation needs. Our transportation demand management (TDM) programs and policies are geared toward reducing single-occupancy vehicles traveling to and from campus. A recent campus study found constructing and maintaining a new parking garage could cost over $38,000 per parking space. We believe that investing in TDM programs will improve transportation efficiency for all Santa Clara University students, faculty, and staff. We are constantly exploring new incentives and programs to help the University avoid additional costs while reducing our transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions. For more information about Santa Clara's sustainability programs, please visit the Center for Sustainability's website.
Looking to plan a trip? Try using 511 Bay Area to find transit options that best suit you with LIVE traffic updates!
FSA - Commuter Spending Program
Benefits-eligible employees may enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA) within 30 days of your hire date or during annual enrollment. At that time, you must establish an annual contribution amount within the maximum limit. Once enrolled, you will have online access to view your FSA balance.
This program can be used to cover transit passes, payments for transportation in a commuter highway vehicle.
Transit maximum contribution for 2018 is $260 per month.
To enroll in this FSA, please visit HR's website to learn more.
- Register all participants in the carpool at the Campus Safety office. There is no fee associated with the Carpool Programs.
- Receive a Carpool sticker that must be visible on the vehicle of use.
- Upon arrival, the carpool participants must be verified by Campus Safety at the Main Gate.
- Once verified, the vehicle will be issued a daily parking pass to be coupled with the Carpool sticker.
- Each Carpool will receive 5 daily parking passes per month for participant's use during the month of issuance and must be validated on the day of use by Campus Safety at the Main Gate.
To apply for the 2021-2022 program, fill out the Carpool Program Form.
Does your bike need fixing? To support University staff, faculty, and student bicyclists, Transportation Services recently installed four Dero Bike Fixit stations around campus. Check out the Dero ZAP page for more information.
The Electric Shuttles (SCUttle) will provide a means of transportation to those needing assistance between parking locations and event venues.
If you are interested in renting a SCUttle for your event, please reach out to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
All programs are open for staff and faculty to take advantage of! If you have any questions please feel free to email, call, or stop by.