Education: Ph.D., Harvard, 1988; B.A., Middlebury College 1976
Peter Minowitz teaches political philosophy. In addition to his two books -- Straussophobia: Defending Leo Strauss and Straussians against Shadia Drury and Other Accusers (Rowman & Littlefield, 2009) and Profits, Priests, and Princes: Adam Smith's Emancipation of Economics From Politics and Religion (Stanford University Press, 1993) -- Minowitz has written about Niccolo Machiavelli, Karl Marx, Frank Herbert, Harvey Mansfield, and Woody Allen. His articles include "Adam Smith's Invisible Hands"
Personal Information: If you crave Saturday-night swing or salsa, send Minowitz an email and he'll let you know where he's playing the piano with Med's Mood Swings.
- Introduction to Political Philosophy
- History of Political Philosophy I & II
- Seminar on Political Philosophy & Science Fiction
- Seminar on Leo Strauss & Xenophon
- Seminar on Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil.