Free for everyone. All the time.
Beginnging Wednesday, September 29, 2021 the de Saisset Museum will re-open on a reduced schedule of Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Exceptions listed below under "Current Schedule.")
Before visiting, please review our schedule and COVID protocols listed below.
This fall, the museum will be open Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. starting Wednesday, September 29, 2021 through Friday, December 3, 2021, with the exception of November 24, 25, and 26 when the museum will be closed for the academic break.
Please be advised, that changes to this schedule may occur and we encourage guests to always check our website before coming to the museum.
- All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask indoors.
- We ask that guests experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or feeling ill stay home.
- Guests are expected to practice social distancing of 6 feet, except for members of the same household.
- Capacity in the museum's galleries are currently reduced.
- Directional signage is installed at the museum's front entrance and the lower level to direct the flow of traffic.
- Two hand sanitizer dispensers are installed in the museum's foyer for guests' use.
- The museum cannot accept external groups of more than 10 people. SCU groups may attend the musuem in groups larger than 10 people, however, we request you notify the museum of your plans in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
SCU Group visits during gallery hours:
SCU Staff, Faculty, or Students, wanting to visit the museum as a group / unit / department of more than 10 people, please email email@example.com to discuss options.
SCU Class visits outside of gallery hours:
SCU Faculty can arrange class visits outside of the above hours to tour exhibitions or see items from the museum's collection during your class period, pending staff availability. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the conversation about scheduling a visit.
non-SCU Group visits:
At this time, the de Saisset Museum cannot accomodate non-SCU groups of more than 10 people and we are not currently scheduling tours for external groups, including California History tours. In order to maintain Museum COVID capacity restrictions, drop-in tours (any group of 10 or more) are not allowed at this time.
Administrative Office Hours
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., except holidays
Please note: our front doors are only unlocked during open gallery hours. If you arrive during administrative office hours and the doors are locked, please press the bottom button on the call box to the right of the front doors.