Prayer and Liturgy Resources
Mass and Prayer, Communal and Private
Cathedral of Christ the Light | 2121 Harrison Street, Oakland
St. Ignatius Parish | 650 Parker Ave., San Francisco
Daily Mass online offers live streams of Mass all around the world.
The Smithsonian Institute is offering free Meditation and Mindfulness Zoom sessions on Tuesdays and Fridays, 9:15-9:45 a.m. (PST).
Meditate Together is a free online 30-minute group meditation, part silence, part guided meditation, Monday-Friday.
Guide to Food Resources in Alameda County
- Food Helpline (for anyone residing in Alameda County, no verification required) for information on food pantries and hot food services near you
- CalFresh (formerly food stamps, for US citizens, legal permanent residents, refugees)
- Meals on Wheels (for seniors who are homebound)
- Senior Brown Bag (for low income seniors over 60 years of age)
United Way Bay Area
Call 2-1-1 to speak with a local trained specialist who can connect you to services providing food, shelter, childcare, legal assistance, and more.
Other Forms of Assistance
Alameda County Rapid Response Resources
This document lists websites and information on essential help during this time. It indicates relaxation of government and business rules regarding wait times, scheduled payments and other forms of assistance, including:
- Apply for CalFresh (formerly food stamps)
- EBMUD and PG&E moratoriums on service disconnection and bill reduction
- Rules for state disability and unemployment insurance for reasons of COVID-19
- Extension of state and federal tax filing deadlines
- AC Transit and BART changes in policy
- Cellular service hardship policies