Skip to main content

Welcome Broncos!

We hope you find the resources on the page helpful. This Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section for current students answers some of the most commonly asked questions that the One Stop staff receives.

2024-2025 New Students click here for your FAQ page.

 If you cannot find answers to your questions here, please email or call 408-551-1000. We are happy to assist you!

Bursar FAQs

You can access the payment portal through Workday by following the instructions in the link below. When you get to the payment portal you can view your bill and make online  payments here.

Billing is processed electronically by the 1st of each month and will include:

  • Charges: tuition, housing, orientation fees, ACCESS card charges (if applicable) and other misc. fees
  • Credits: deposits, payments, anticipated and disbursed SCU aid, Federal & private loans and reported external scholarships.

An e-bill notification will be sent to your SCU gmail account and to any Authorized Payer you set-up. You must provide permission to any third party to view financial information and submit payment on your behalf by setting them up as an Authorized Payer.

Students log onto Workday, and access the payment portal to view the billing statement.

Payment must be made on or before the posted payment deadlines in order to avoid a registration hold and a late payment fee. Please plan ahead to ensure that payments sent via US mail are mailed in sufficient time to arrive on time. Please also be mindful of extended bank closures/holidays and plan ahead accordingly so that payments arrive on time.

**Important Reminder: You may receive a bill each month. Although the payment deadlines per term are set, students may accrue miscellaneous fees from other departments (or when adding money to your ACCESS card) that may show up on a billing statement for a non-payment deadline month. Please make it a habit to check your billing statements on your payment portal every month.**

Payment deadlines for all programs:

Undergraduate Students:
Fall: August 21st
Winter: December 21st
Spring: March 21st
Summer: May 21st

Graduate Students:
Fall: August 21st
Winter: December 21st
Spring: March 21st
Summer: May 21st

Law Students:
Fall: July 21st
Spring: December 21st
Summer: May 21st

JST Students:
Fall: August 21st
Winter Intersession: December 21st
Spring: January 21st
Summer: May 21st

Please click on the link below on how to add an Authorized Payer:

You may pay with checks*, cashier checks*, online through your payment portal with e-checks (ACH).
International students may use Flywire to wire money to Santa Clara University directly.

SCU offers an in-term payment plan option for an additional fee of $40 for each term you enroll in the payment plan.

Please note: that you must re-enroll online for each term for this in-term payment plan option. 
You can learn more about the payment plan option here.

We do not accept credit or debit card payments.

Make checks payable to Santa Clara University.
Be sure to include your name and your SCU student ID number on the memo line in the bottom left hand corner of the check.

Mail checks to the following address:

SCU Payment Processing
PO.Box 550
Santa Clara, CA 95052-0550

If you would like to mail checks overnight, please use this address:

Santa Clara University
Attn: Bursar's Office
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053

*Make sure that the checks include your name and the SCU ID number!!



A late payment hold will be applied your student account, which would restrict you, the student, from adjusting your class schedule.  Please note that if you miss a payment deadline, a $100 non-refundable late payment fee will also be placed on the account.

For delinquent holds to be removed, the overdue bill must be paid. Depending on the form of payment, the hold will be released according to the following timeline:

  • For cashier's check, or international wire transfers, the hold will be released within 24 business hours. We do not currently accept domestic wire transfers.
  • Online payments will take 7 calendar days.
  • Personal check payments will take 14 calendar days.

Some payment holds cannot be paid online, depending on the hold. Please call for more information.
For poor payment history, some account holds will remain for multiple terms, depending on the payment history.

Refunds are automatically processed on the second week of the term's start.

In order to receive your refund in a timely manner, please set up direct deposit as a Payment Election on Workday.

For a more detailed explanation of SCU’s Refund Policies, please click here.

Authorized Payers receive billing notification emails and can view/pay the bills.

FERPA (Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) allows designated persons to receive detailed information about your student account.

If your bank wishes to send loan money via wire transfer, you can obtain our wire/bank account details by registering your payment in our international payment portal at Once you register your payment, our bank information will be released to you. All international payments must be registered in this portal to ensure funds are received promptly and securely. 
If your bank wishes to send loan money in the form of a paper check, please make sure the check is made payable to Santa Clara University. The currency must be US dollars (USD) and a US bank must be reflected on the check as well.
Please mail the loan check to the following address:
SCU Payment Processing
P.O. Box 550 
Santa Clara, CA 95052-0550

You can find all this information on your payment portal through Workday. 

  • Billing statements are located under the Statements tab.
  • Receipts are listed under the Transactions tab.

How to Access the Payment Portal (Follow Step 1-3)

Santa Clara University requires all degree seeking students enrolled at least half -time in their school or college to have health insurance (excluding certificate and online programs).  ALL F-1 visa students, regardless of number of units, are required to have insurance.

This requirement helps to protect against unexpected high medical cost and provides access to quality health care. 

The waiver must be completed by the student, not a parent. If there is a charge for health insurance on your account, the insurance charge will be reversed from your student account within 3-5 days upon the waiver's completion.

Students must complete the health insurance waiver before the deadline to waive, which is provided on the Cowell Health Center webpage. 

Please note that the waiver must be completed EVERY academic year.
Follow these steps: 
  1. Please go to MYSCU Portal
  2. Scroll down and click on "Gallagher" to access the online insurance waiver. You will be directed to the Gallagher website.
  3. Log into Gallagher and click on "WAIVE"
  4. Once you complete the insurance waiver by providing your health insurance information, choose COMPLETE & SUBMIT
  5.  After completing the application, you will get an email to your SCU email account stating that the waiver has been submitted.
  6.  Once the waiver is approved, it should take 3-5 business days for the waiver to be reversed from your account.
**Note for F1 visa students: please follow the extra steps available on

How do I obtain a Form 1098-T for students who registered in Fall 2023?

  • Log into Workday.
  • Click the Finances app.
  • Click the My Account section.
  • Select the View My 1098-T. Confirm the calendar year and select OK.
  • The information for each box on the 1098-T form will be listed on the screen.
  • Select the Print My 1098 link on the right-hand side of the screen.
  • Select the calendar year and the OK button.
  • Select Done on the next page.
  • The 1098-T will be available as a PDF file in your Workday notifications. You can then print, save, or forward the form to parents or tax professionals as needed.

Students registered in Summer 2023 or prior: Your form will be mailed to your mailing address on file on or before January 31st. 

Can I get 1098-T copies from prior years?

If you completed the required documentation and were eligible for a Form 1098-T for that year, you can obtain a copy from the following website:
You will need the following information: site ID which is 11477; your username, which is your student ID number with the leading zeros, no W; and your password which is the last 4 digits of your social security number. If you logged in to the site in a prior year and cannot remember your password, select Forgot Password and an email will be sent to your email address.

2017 Instructions
2018 to 2022 Instructions

For years prior to 2017, please send an email to or call (408) 554-4424.

For more information about the Form 1098-T, please go to the Bursar's Office webpage.

Please click on the link below for more information:

Bursar's Office 

Please call the One Stop at: +1.408.551.1000


Click here for more info!

Financial Aid FAQs

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application used to determine eligibility for federal and state student grants, federal work study and federal loans. The U.S. Department of Education accepts applications for an upcoming academic year starting October 1 of the prior year. Go to

Students should complete the FAFSA for each Academic Year they wish to be packaged with federal aid. 

The federal school code for SCU is: 001326

In order to be eligible for financial aid you must meet the following criteria:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen in a degree or certificate program of study at least half-time
  • Make satisfactory academic progress
  • Not be in default on a federal student loan
  • Not owe a refund on any federal financial aid grant
  • Have a valid Social Security number
  • Be registered with Selective Service (if required)
  • Enrollment status will be calculated based only on those courses that are required for, or that can be applied as an eligible elective credit toward, a student's degree or certificate program

Undergraduate Students:

Student must be enrolled in at least half-time status to be eligible for federal aid.

  • Full-time: 12 units
  • Half-time: 6 units

 Graduate Students:


Student must be enrolled in at least half-time status to be eligible for federal funding.


Please note that some Scholarships awarded by your Graduate Program may be awarded based on the amount of units that you are enrolled in so please be sure to check with your Program!!


  • Graduate Students: The unit requirement for each program is different. Please check the information below to see how many units you need in order to qualify:


Counseling Psychology & Education


  • Full-time: 9 units  
  • Half-time: 4.5 units


Graduate Engineering


  • Full-time: 8 units  
  • Half-time: 4 units


Graduate School of Business (Includes MSIS)


  • Full-time: 9 units  
  • Half-time: 4.5 units


Pastoral Ministries


  • Full-time: 8 units  
  • Half-time: 4 units


Law School JD/LLM


  • Full-time: 12 units  
  • Half-time: 6 units


 Please click on the link below on how to accept decline your Financial Aid Offer through Workday:

The Financial Aid Office will notify you by email if there are any updates to your financial aid package.

Returning students are always packaged in the summer for the upcoming Academic Year.


Now that you have accepted your federal direct loans, you will need to complete two loan requirements that can be done on . 

Master Promissory Note (MPN)

The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document which the borrower signs as a promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s). Unless your school does not allow more than one loan to be made under the same MPN, you can borrow additional Direct Loans on a single MPN for up to 10 years.

The Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) must be signed by the borrower prior to the school certification and prior to the disbursement of any loan funds to the student's account. The completion of the MPN is generally signed at the time the application is submitted and can be signed electronically during the application process.

If the borrower applies for the loan each year, then the borrower only has to complete the MPN once – the first year these funds are borrowed for you. The borrower, however, must re-apply for a new loan every year.


Entrance Counseling

If you accept a Federal Direct Loan, federal and institutional regulations require you to complete an entrance counseling tutorial. You will learn important information about repayment, deferment, forbearance and cancellation. Students meet this requirement by completing the online the entrance counseling tutorial at

If you have not previously received a Federal Direct Loan, the federal government requires you to complete entrance counseling to ensure that you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming.

Do I have to borrow the full amount?

You can request a loan adjustment by emailing Please include the following items in an email:

  • Your name
  • ID number
  • The name of the loan you wish to have reduced along with the specific amount requested.

Your aid may not be reflected for one or more of the following reasons:

  • Did not complete the FAFSA for the Academic Year
  • Did not complete all Action Items for Financial Aid
  • Did not accept all aid offers

Graduate students: If you are expecting a scholarship from your graduate program, please reach out to their office to confirm that they have sent your scholarship information over to the Financial Aid Office.

For more information, please reach out to our office: | 408-551-1000 

SCU scholarships and grants are only awarded upon admittance. You can apply for private scholarships outside of SCU. 

Here is a link for a list of outside scholarships:

Outside Scholarships

I won an outside scholarship! What is the next step? 

You have the option to mail the check or deliver it in-person at SCU One Stop. Please make sure the check is made payable to Santa Clara University. If the check is made out to you, please endorse the back of the check and write: “Make Payable to SCU.”

If you choose to mail the private scholarship, please mail it to:

Santa Clara University
ATTN: Financial Aid Office
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA, 95053

Please note that if the scholarship does not specify which term the award is for, the Financial Aid Office distributes the amount of the private scholarship check between: Fall, Winter,  & Spring. If you want your private scholarship to go towards a specific term, please have the donor mail or email our office a statement, with your name and SCU ID number, the way you would like your scholarship money awarded.

Work study is a federal student aid program for college students with financial need that helps them get part-time jobs.

  • Federal work-study is utilized by having a job and earning a paycheck as work-study earnings
  • Federal Work-study is intended to help students pay for books, supplies, personal expenses during the academic year
  • The offer has limited funding and is offered to students based on their need eligibility
  • Income is counted as financial aid, and not as regular income, which increases a student’s eligibility for financial aid
  • The employing department pays 25% of the work study wages, while the remainder is sourced by the federal work-study fund 

A list of FAQ’s can be found on the financial aid website here .

Please call the One Stop at: +1.408.551.1000


Click here for more info!

Registrar FAQs

If your parents call our office asking about your financial/academic information, we would not be able to disclose anything unless you add them to your FERPA Release.

Please click on the link below on how to add a family member to your FERPA Release:

FERPA does not allow us to discuss grades to your parents. That is between you and your parent.

More information on FERPA can be found here:




On the Workday portal, click on the upper right hand corner Dashboard and select "View Profile". 
Your ID # will appear on the next screen .

Please visit the Technology at SCU page for assistance.

You can complete the online form by selecting the link below 

  • Enrollment Verification Form
    (scroll past the instructions for Enrollment Verification through Workday if you have specific requests for your enrollment verification form!)

You can also request your enrollment verification electronically through Workday:

  1. Log onto Workday
  2. Go to your Academics app
  3. Under the "Academic Records" section, select "Request Enrollment Verification Certificate" then click OK
  4. A message will appear that says "Processing your request, please wait."
    Do Not click the button to "Notify Me Later".
  5. Please wait a few moments and your Enrollment Verification Certificate will appear
  6. Click the "Print" button on the bottom left of the screen
  7. Click the "Notify Me Later" button
  8. A PDF will be available in your notifications icon on the top right of the screen

All current SCU students and alumni may order copies of their official transcript online. SCU offers both electronic transcripts ($3.00 USD per transcript) as well as paper transcripts ($3.00 USD per transcript + postage) via Parchment Credential Services

The Office of the Registrar does not provide RUSH  or PICK UP service. 

Official transcript requests will be processed daily during regularly scheduled working hours and be mailed within 3 working days. Transcripts from archived and/or non-electronic records may take up to 2 weeks to process. Transcript requests that are submitted while the University is closed for the holidays will be processed in the order the requests were received when the office reopens.  

Check Workday for grade entry and/or degree posting before submitting your request.

How to view unofficial transcript:

Please click on the link below for instructions on how to generate your unofficial transcript: 

If you need a form attached to your transcript, you must make a request in writing. Please refer to The Office of the Registrar's webpage:

Students do not receive their diplomas on the day of commencement. Rather, the diplomas will be mailed to the address provided on the petition form 3-4 months after the degree completion date. If your address changes after you petition to graduate, please email

Diplomas will be held at the Office of the Registrar for students who have a financial hold or Student Life hold until the hold is removed. It is the student's responsibility to reconcile the hold and contact the Office of the Registrar once it has been removed.

Please call the One Stop at: +1.408.551.1000


Click here for more info!