First Year Students
The Orientation website is updated frequently so please refresh your web browser each time you visit a page within the website to make sure you are getting the most up-to-date information.
July 10-11, 2017 (Session 1)
July 13-14, 2017 (Session 2)
July 17-18, 2017 (Session 3)
July 20-21, 2017 (Session 4)
July 24-25, 2017 (Session 5)
July 27-28, 2017 (Session 6)
September 13-14, 2017 (Session 7)
- Students in the Honors Program are encouraged (not required) to register for Sessions 2 or 3 but may register for any session that fits their availability.
- Students in the LEAD Program are encouraged (not required) to register for Sessions 4 or 5 but may register for any session that fits their availability.
- International students are encouraged (not required) to register for Session 7 but may register for any session that fits their availability.
Registration fees for Orientation and Welcome Weekend 2017 are as follow:
- $305 = First Year Student (Orientation + Welcome Weekend)
- $135 = Parent/Guest of First Year Student (Orientation)
- $25 = Parent/Guest of First Year Student (Welcome Weekend)
Note: The student fee covers both Orientation and Welcome Weekend. Parents/guests pay separate fees for Orientation and Welcome Weekend.
What Do Fees Cover?
For students, the registration fee covers the costs of both Orientation and Welcome Weekend. This fee covers meals, lodging, materials, publications, activities, and administrative costs. The charge for the fee will be posted to your student account shortly after Orientation.
For parents and guests, the registration fee covers the cost of meals, materials, publications, activities, and administrative costs for Orientation.
Register for Orientation via your Ecampus account. The Office of Undergraduate Admission provided you with your username and password. You may also make changes to your registration (i.e. changing to a different session, adding or deleting guests) by logging into your Ecampus account again.
Trouble with your Ecampus account? Contact email@example.com or 408-554-5700.
First year students attending Sessions 1-6 in July will stay in one of the campus residence halls. Commuter students attending Sessions 1-6 are also expected to stay overnight in the residence halls unless permission is granted to return home for the night.
First year students attending Session 7 in September will be permitted to move in early into their respective residence halls that they will be residing in for the entire academic year. This residence hall may be different from the residence hall that students attending Sessions 1-6 stayed in over the summer. Commuter students attending Session 7 are permitted to return home for the night.
For More Information
Contact: Cameron Barrilleaux