Users in Google Chrome may see a new (as of late May 2022) pop-up message when signing in to their SCU Google Workspace account.
Santa Clara University uses Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) as its collaboration and communication software tool set. Google Workspace brings together Google applications -- including Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Docs, and Chat -- into a single, integrated workspace.
Accessing Google Workspace
Google Workspace is available through the SCU Login page. Sign in using your SSO credentials.
- more information about Single Sign On (SSO) at SCU
- more information about SCU accounts and passwords
Accounts are automatically created for SCU students, faculty, and staff. When students graduate, their accounts are automatically rolled into the Alumni Email Service.
Getting Help for Google Workspace
Browser recommendation: IS recommends using Google Chrome for Google Workspace. We are unable to provide support if you choose to use Firefox or any other browser.
- IS provides support for Gmail, Calendar, Drive (including Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides), Chat, Meet, Contacts, Groups, and Sites.
- IS does not have the administrative tools necessary to support other services, such as Maps, News, Photos, and YouTube Premium. For these services, there is a lot of information available in the Google support pages.
Course-related assistance for faculty: Faculty who need course-related assistance can reach out to Instructional Technology (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Technology Training (email@example.com).
The Google Workspace Learning Center offers step-by-step tutorials on all the Workspace products. You can learn by product, learn by role, or go through a checklist for people who are new to Google Workspace.
Google Support has one simple goal: "How can we help you?" Use the search box to ask your question, or search for answers by product.
SCU's Technology Training team provides scheduled, formal training -- as well as one-on-one support -- for using Google Workspace.
For more information about using Google Workspace at SCU...
- Add-ons for Google Workspace
- Customizing your Google Workspace
- Email for alumni and retirees
- Managing email to groups of people
- Securing your account: The Security Tools website is a single place for you to manage your SCU account. Links to Duo, the Duo bypass-code generator, password self-service, and Google privacy and security checkups are all available in a single place. Review this page on at least an annual basis, to ensure that your account security and privacy are protected.
- Understanding SCU's email infrastructure (and how to work with email vendors)
- Using Google Drive File Stream (now called Google Drive for Desktop)