Accelerate your path toward a Master’s Degree.
Open to All Undergraduate Majors.
Pair your SCU bachelor’s degree with sought-after technical business skills. With the 4+1 Program, get a head start on one of three Leavey School of Business Master of Science degrees while you’re still an undergraduate. 4+1 students can complete their master’s degree in as little as 10 months, on average 2 quarters faster than completing each degree separately.
Attend a 4+1 session to learn more about the program and application, then apply after Winter grades are posted
Earn a maximum of 12 Graduate credits at no additional cost, typically amounting to one Graduate Core per quarter
Enroll as a full time graduate student, and complete the remainder of your Master of Science degree
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.3+ at the time of application.
- Students should have taken relevant coursework that prepares them for a STEM degree (all MS degrees are STEM-certified). This varies based on the Undergraduate major of each student and should be discussed with an admissions officer early in the student's undergraduate years.
- A GRE/GMAT score is NOT needed for the 4+1 application or for future scholarship consideration. Students who wish to have a GRE score considered must provide them by May 1st of their senior year, and there is no guarantee it will increase their scholarship award.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Accepted letters can come from professors, employers, mentors, or other professional resources. One letter must come from a professor.
Students must apply AFTER their Winter grades are posted in their junior year. The application typically opens in February and the application deadline is May 15, 2024.
As a Senior
- Students will earn a maximum of 12 Graduate credits, typically amounting to one Graduate Core per quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring).
- Students in the 4+1 will continue to pay their undergraduate tuition without an additional fee, and including any current financial aid.
- A grade of a B or higher is necessary for credit accrual. Failing to do so will lead to the dismissal of the student from the program.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com.
*Take graduate courses in-person during your senior year, then finish your MS online
Discover Your Next Step
This will only take a moment.
Get Your Questions Answered
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Earn your master’s degree with the Leavey School of Business. As a graduate student, you’ll be able to join in Santa Clara University’s legacy of ethics and innovation while you continue your career.
Complete the form to receive more information on the program structure, curriculum, benefits and application requirements.
SCU seniors save significant time and money by participating in the 4+1 program. After graduation, a small amount of additional merit scholarship may be awarded, based on the graduating GPA and any new internships/leadership roles.
The University Financial Aid Office can help in locating and applying for federal and private loans. You may visit the staff in Patricia A. and Stephen C. Schott Admission and Enrollment Services building; call (408) 551-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.