LGBTQ+ Affirmative Therapy Workshop
The Department of Counseling Psychology will host a FREE workshop for mental health clinicians interested in learning more about LGBTQ+ Affirmative Therapy. This day-long, continuing education program will be held in Guadalupe Hall on SCU's campus and will feature the Counseling Psychology's LGBTQ+ emphasis faculty. The day will provide a wealth of information to those looking to better serve those within the LGBTQ+ community, and will include a light breakfast, a resource fair with representatives from local agencies and community resources during lunch, and 6 official continuing education hours. Space is limited.
January 24 - Tentative Schedule
- 8am - Registration in Guadalupe Hall. Coffee and pastries served.
- 9am - Don St. Louis, D.Min., MFT: LGBTQ+ Affirmative Therapy: Basic Principles, Language, and Intersectionality
- 11am - Ling Lam, Ph.D.: Clinical Competencies in Working with the Intersection of Trauma and LGBTQ+ Issues
- 1pm – Lunch and Resource Fair
- 2pm - Ben Geilhufe, M.A., LPCC: An Affirmative Model for working with Transgender and Gender Non-Binary Clients
- 4pm - Closing Remarks