The Department of Human Resources is committed to assisting the University community develop and maintain a positive work environment. The Employee Relations team is a resource for all faculty and staff on a broad range of issues, policies and concerns. Santa Clara University encourages positive working relationships and a quality work life through resolution of employee interests and concerns.
Employee Relations Team Assists With:
- Employment Concerns
- Policies and Procedures
- Performance Management
- Policy Interpretation
- Exit Interviews
- Employee Assistance Program(EAP)
- Corrective Action
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Workplace Complaints
- Problem Solving
If you have questions concerning any of the policies in the Staff Policy Manual, you are encouraged to consult with one of the Employee Relations team. Pertinent policies relating to HR issues include:
- Policy 309 - Conflict Resolution
- Policy 310 - Corrective Action for Performance Problems
- Policy 402 - Performance Planning and Management
- Policy 611 - General Leave Benefits
- Policy 703 - Drug Free Workplace
- Policy 706 - Workplace Violence
Employee Relations Outcomes
The Employee Relations staff can provide guidance and counseling with any workplace issue, concern or complaint. We can discuss a range of possible courses of action which include:
- Coaching the employee on how to raise the issue with a colleague, supervisor or second level supervisor (if attempts to address the issues with the direct supervisor have not provided a suitable resolution).
- Developing a professional development plan to assist the employee in gaining or improving work-related skill sets.
- Utilizing a facilitator to assist the employee and the other person in mutually resolving the concerns.
- Understanding the options that Policy 309 provides for the resolution of concerns.
- Identifying resources to assist with career exploration.