At this time, Santa Clara University does not offer a Bachelor of Arts degree in Japanese Studies. Students who would like to pursue a major in Japanese language or in Japanese Studies may do so as an Individual Studies major. Please contact the Individual Studies Program Director or the Department of Modern Languages for more details.
MINOR – minimum of 19 Upper Division Units
As part of the 19 units, the following courses must be included:
- Japanese 100 or dept. approved substitution
- Japanese 101 or dept. approved substitution
- Japanese 102 or dept. approved substitution
- One upper division course in Japanese literature taught in English may be included among the units required for the minor
- 10 units must be taken at SCU or taught by SCU faculty
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 in the minor
- A junior year of study in Japan is recommended, but not required.