The word ‘networking’ often carries a scary or overwhelming connotation. Have no fear!
All we’re really encouraging here is building and maintaining relationships. No matter where you are on your career journey, having a strong network will always be helpful.
Here are some networking resources:
Why not start with your alma mater? I’m sure it’s no surprise to you that Broncos LOVE hiring Broncos.
- Bronco Exchange An exclusive and easy-to-use platform that connects Santa Clara University alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends in a virtual community, providing you unprecedented access to the SCU network. This tool aims to empower and connect by bringing together the experience and expertise of the entire Santa Clara family.
- LinkedIn Group
The Santa Clara University & Alumni Association group is a medium for individuals to network, share ideas, and engage in academic or professional related discussions.
- LinkedIn Alumni Tool
Who’s doing what, where? Connect with former classmates, see what they’re up to, and check out who they know. They might just need a new co-worker.
- SCU Switchboard
Ask. Offer. Connect with the Bronco community. Utilize the Bronco network for all stages of your career journey!
- Alumni Directory
Use the Alumni Directory as a quick and easy way to look up alumni contact information.
One Minute Commercial
If you’re intent is to expand your network, it’s important to know how to introduce yourself when meeting new people. Whether you’re at work, a networking event, or even having a conversation on an airplane.
Informational interviewing is a way to learn from professionals about an industry or job and discover what qualities are needed to succeed in a particular field. While informational interviewing is NOT asking for a job, in the long run, the majority of jobs are found through your professional contacts, and informational interviewing is one of the best ways to build that network.
- Tip - Consider connecting with alumni through Bronco Exchange or posting an ask on SCU Switchboard to find a Bronco for your next informational interview!
Whether you have a job or are looking for one, professional associations are a great place to meet people in your current or desired industry.
- Engage or volunteer with the Alumni Association's Professional Industry Communities - Professional Industry Communities provide alumni, family, and friends within a specific industry or profession, the chance to network, identify career opportunities, or engage in professional development.
- Bronco ExchangeAn exclusive and easy-to-use platform that connects Santa Clara University alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends in a virtual community, providing you unprecedented access to the SCU network. This tool aims to empower and connect by bringing together the experience and expertise of the entire Santa Clara family.
- LinkedIn Groups
LinkedIn Groups provide a place for professionals in the same industry or with similar interests to share content, find answers, post and view jobs, make business contacts, and establish themselves as industry experts.
- Find Alumni using the LinkedIn Alumni Tool
- Join Additional Career Conversations Online
Ask questions, comment, or share content via our social media communities. Follow the latest Santa Clara University Alumni Association news on LinkedIn and Facebook or connect with a career counselor on the Career Center Facebook Page.
- Alumni Directory
- SCU Switchboard - Ask. Offer. Connect with the Bronco Community