Volunteer Service Projects
Our Alumni For Others program offers alumni, family and friends an opportunity to come together in their chapter or community to volunteer with a service project.
St. Ignatius called us to “transform the world” and as graduates of a Jesuit, Catholic university we share a commitment to be men and women for others. Learn how you can answer the call.
SCU DAY OF SERVICE
The entire SCU campus community joins together to volunteer for the annual Santa Clara Community Day of Service. All five projects are part of the Ignatian Center’s Thriving Neighbors Initiative and are located at or near Washington School in downtown San Jose. Volunteers are invited to enjoy a tamale lunch prepared by the Mothers at Washington School at the conclusion of the projects. All volunteer sites are within a mile of the school. The next event will be on a Saturday in April 2018.
- Spark the imagination of children with literature by reading with K - 5th grade students at Washington School.
- Sort donations for those in need at Sacred Heart Community Services.
- Volunteer to join Professor Kesten and the Physics students to share physics experiments with the junior high students at Nativity School.
- Join our Bronco Urban Gardeners (BUG) at Gardner Academy with organic gardening projects including building a sensory garden.
- Assist the Santa Maria Urban Ministry, a new agency supporting families in need by sorting donations and other needed projects.
JESUIT ALUMNI DAY OF SERVICE
In the spring, many Jesuit colleges and universities host community service projects for alumni to volunteer together. Through meaningful service projects open to all Jesuit-educated alumni, graduates across the nation will engage in shared service that demonstrates the life-changing and enduring power of a Jesuit education. Learn more from the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
Alumni from all Jesuits colleges and universities are encouraged to join our community day of service with the City of Campbell’s Great American Litter Pickup. Put on your old college sweatshirt, bring your family and friends to make our parks and trails beautiful again.
Rain or shine, volunteers will meet at the Campbell Park at 9 a.m. then break into groups for the various projects. All are invited back at noon for lunch.