Alumni Strategic Plan
Throughout the 2006-2007 academic year, the Alumni Association Board of Directors engaged in a strategic planning process in order to develop a comprehensive strategic plan that will help guide and shape the Alumni Association in the coming years. The plan includes a Mission Statement, Guiding Principles, and Strategic Plan Goals.
Alumni Association's Mission Statement
To serve and engage the Santa Clara Family by fostering lifelong relationships between the University and its alumni. Building upon shared values, the Association initiates and leads programs that support Santa Clara's Catholic, Jesuit mission, while advancing the University's key goals.
The Alumni Association embraces five key principles to guide our many activities and relationships.
1. We serve and engage all alumni so that the Alumni Association and the University will benefit from the diverse interests, talents, and backgrounds found within the Santa Clara Family.
2. We nurture and cherish the special bonds that connect the Santa Clara Family to each other and to the University.
3. We preserve the rich history of Santa Clara University by celebrating our traditions and building upon the accomplishments of our alumni and the University.
4. We encourage alumni to respond to the needs of the world around them and to honor our Jesuit tradition by sharing their knowledge, talents, resources, and time with those in need.
5. We strive for excellence in all we do. We will actively solicit and utilize resources to continuously, creatively, and efficiently improve our performance.
Strategic Plan Goals
- Advance the personal, professional, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual growth of our alumni by providing services, programs, and volunteer opportunities that enrich their lives and encourage their lifelong engagement with the University, its faculty, students, and their fellow alumni.
History & Traditions
- Serve as the primary advocate responsible for maintaining and communicating the University's unique traditions and legacies to the Santa Clara Family.
- Cultivate current students as future, engaged alumni, from acceptance through graduation, in order to facilitate their lifelong relationship with the Alumni Association and the University.
Marketing & Communications
- Offer all alumni, regardless of geography, the information and tools they need to stay connected, engaged, and involved with the University and each other.
- Create strong partnerships with internal and external entities in order to best serve our Santa Clara Family and the University.
Strong Support Structure
- Implement an organizational structure and resource plan that will support volunteers and staff in achieving the Association's goals and objectives.