Contests and Competitions
The challenge is on.
Innovation Competitions keep things lively around the School of Engineering! Each quarter, student teams put their entrepreneurial mindsets and creative problem-solving skills to the test vying for cash prizes. Contests involve local industrial partners (BMW, Intel, nVIDIA, NASA, to name a few), alumni, and a talented group of innovators and entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley.
Fall 2017 San Jose Earthquakes Entrepeneurial Mindset Challenge
2...4...6…8…Who do we appreciate? The Fans!
Can your team win the Grand Prize of up to $2,500?
Put your entrepreneurial skills to the test as you propose innovative ideas on how to improve the San Jose Earthquakes fan experience. For full competition details: Fall 2017 San Jose Earthquakes Competition Announcement
Team requirements include at least one member that is not an undergrad engineering student. If you need someone to fulfill this requirement, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to connect your team with an interested student.
- Oct 3rd, 12:00 pm- Kick-off Lunch with San Jose Earthquakes VP Richard Fedesco
- Oct 13th, 5:00 pm Oct 15th, 11:59 pm- Register your team (We have extended the deadline to sign up your team to Sunday, Oct 15th by midnight.)
- Sun, Oct 22nd, 12:45 pm- San Jose Earthquakes game
- Wed, Nov 15th, 5:00 pm- Submit video entry
- Tues, Nov 28th, 6:00 pm- Mentoring reception and announcement of winners