Contests and Competitions
The challenge is on.
Innovation Competitions keep things lively around the School of Engineering! Each quarter, student teams put their entrepreneurial mindsets and creative problem-solving skills to the test vying for cash prizes. Contests involve local industrial partners (BMW, Intel, nVIDIA, NASA, to name a few), alumni, and a talented group of innovators and entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley.
Spring 2018 THRIVE-X Challenge- 1st prize $10,000!!
How would you help solve one of the biggest problems in agriculture- How to solve the shortage of labor affecting the harvest of crops? Share your idea and compete against students from San Luis Obispo for a chance at $10,000 and the opportunity to present at Forbes AgTech Summit!
- First Prize- $10,000 and opportunity to present at Forbes AgTech Summit
- Second Prize- $5,000 and opportunity to present at Forbes AgTech Summit
- SCU Honorable Mention- $1,000
Find out the details in the Thrive-X Competition Announcement!
You can also learn more by checking out the THRIVE-X Challenge Flyer
Register your team at www.thriveagtech.com/thrive-x-registration.
To qualify for the SCU Honorable Mention, you must also meet the team and registration requirements listed in the Competition Announcement.
- Thursday, April 12th- Competition Kick-Off Lunch
- Friday, April 27th- Deadline to register teams
- Friday, May 25th- Application submission deadline
- Friday, June 8th- Winning teams notified
- June 26th-28th- Pitch day at Forbes AgTechSummit (at least 1 team member must be available to present at the summit)
Past Competition Reference Videos: