- You must be enrolled in at least 12 units each quarter to be considered a full-time student.
- Check prerequisites and verify that you have met all course pre-requisites at least the quarter prior to when you would like to enroll in specific class(es).
- Plan to take a variety of courses in the university core, Psychology and any other major/minors you have each quarter. As a first-year or sophomore you will rarely be enrolled in more than 1-2 courses that counts towards your major.
If a class you want to enroll in is full during the registration period:
- Make sure you enroll in a full schedule during registration each term. Do not assume you will be able to successfully fill your schedule by adding classes during the first week of the quarter.
- If you are able to find a space in a class that was full, you can easily swap classes during the first week of the quarter.
- The Psychology Department utilizes the online waitlist system where you can add your name to a class’ waitlist via eCampus (if there are spaces left) during your registration appointment.
- For information about adding full classes offered by other departments in the College of Arts & Sciences or Engineering, you can contact the individual departments. The Business School only utilizes the online waitlist system.
- If you would like to overload (more than 19 units), please review the policy and procedure found in the quarterly Deadlines and Registration booklet found on the Office of the Registrar web page. You can locate this by looking for “Unit Overload” in the booklet’s Table of Contents.
- You will not fall behind the expected four-year graduation just because you can’t get into a class that is full. If you think you might, make an appointment with a Psychology Peer Advisor who can show you how to complete a 4-year course plan. Once you have a course plan, you will usually find you have more time than you think to complete a particular course.