Ayoubi, Mohammad Ali
Dr. Ayoubi is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Santa Clara University. He graduated from the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics at Purdue University. His general areas of expertise are multibody dynamics, nonlinear, optimal, and intelligent control of aerospace vehicles. His research is focused on spacecraft dynamics and control. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), a senior member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), a senior member of the American Astronautical Society (AAS), and a member of the AIAA Intelligent Systems Technical Committee. He is also an Associate Editor of the ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control.
Ph.D., Aeronautics & Astronautics, Purdue University, 2007
M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 1998
B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 1991
- ASME Fellow, 2016
- NASA Faculty Fellow, Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA, Summer 2014.
- NASA Faculty Fellow, Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA, Summer 2013.
- Researcher of the Year, School of Engineering, 2012-2013.
- Purdue Research Foundation Fellowship, Summer 2006.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Graduate School, Purdue University, 2005-2006.
- Magoon Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, School of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Purdue University, 2005-2006.
- Magoon Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Department of Freshman Engineering,Purdue University, 2004-2005.
MECH 140 Dynamics
MECH 141 Mechanical Vibrations
MECH 142 Control Systems; Analysis and Design
MECH 155 Astrodynamics
For a list of Undergraduate course descriptions, visit the Course Descriptions page.
MECH 200/201 Advanced Engineering Mathematics I, II
MECH 214/215 Advanced Dynamics I, II
MECH 220/221 Orbital Mechanics I, II
MECH 323/324 Modern Control Systems I, II
MECH 423/424 Nonlinear Systems and Controls I, II
MECH 429/430 Optimal Control I, II
For a list of Graduate course descriptions, visit the Course Descriptions page.
Special Topics in Dynamics and Control:
Dynamics and Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering