B.S. Mathematics, Santa Clara University
M.S. Mathematics, San Jose State University
Ph.D. Information Sciences, University of California, Santa Cruz
More detailed C.V.
General Areas of Interests
formal methods in software engineering (particularly formal specification), logic programming, functional programming, logic and semantics of languages, societal impact of computing technologies (particularly issues of access and interface), computer science and software engineering education, and increasing the diversity of the engineering workforce
Informational webpages exist for most of my current classes. Connect to the campus Camino course management system, and search for the class, or for me as instructor.
- COEN 001 - Understanding Digital Technologies
- COEN 070 - Formal Specification and Advanced Data Structures
- COEN 129 (now ENGR 110) - VDC Community-Based Project
- COEN 172 - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- COEN 173 - Logic Programming
- COEN 260 - Truth, Deduction, and Computation
- COEN 385 - Formal Methods in Software Engineering
- ENGR 1 - Introduction to Engineering
Summer Engineering Seminar
SES is a program to introduce underrepresented groups to engineering. This special summer experience is for high school students who have an interest in science, mathematics, and engineering. The program is designed to acquaint participants with the engineering profession, the academic expectations of college, and the nature of life at a university. Two sessions are held each the summer, usually in August. See the website for details.