Quick Start Guide for Faculty and Staff
Information Services provides technology and services to enhance teaching and learning, support scholarship, and provide administrative and desktop tools to improve service and productivity.
SCU Technology Accounts
- SCU Username is your login to MySCU Portal, Gmail, Camino, SCU Wireless, computer labs and more.
- eCampus User ID is the same as your SCU Username.
- Campus ID is the 11 digit numeric identifier on the front of your ACCESS card.
- Library Barcode is located on the back of your ACCESS card and is used for used for Library systems and other systems on campus.
MySCU Portal www.scu.edu/login
- Single sign on access to many SCU applications such as: GSuite, Camino, Peoplesoft Financials, Room Reservations, Gartner, Concur, Zoom and more.
Camino (Canvas LMS) www.scu.edu/login
- Learning management system for course materials, communication, collaboration, posting documents, online assignments, group spaces and more.
- Expense Management
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA) for those applications with sensitive information, e.g., Concur and PeopleSoft
- If you have access to these applications you will see the MFA setup tile in the MySCU Portal.
- Click here for more information
- Enter grades, purchase SCU Parking permits, complete Timecards, view Paycheck and accruals, and sign up for emergency notifications.
Email / SCU Gmail www.scu.edu/login
- Your SCU Gmail account is the official email used for Administrative and Academic communications. Check your SCU Gmail regularly!
PeopleSoft Financials www.scu.edu/login
- Application for managing University Financial systems
Room Reservations www.scu.edu/login
- Room Reservation is for reserving conference roomsand shared study spaces in the Learning Commons and Charney Hall. For support, visit https://scuweb.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
IT Policies and Safe Computing https://www.scu.edu/is/secure/
- Everyone at SCU is required to practice safe computing and follow our policies:
Hardware Purchases www.scu.edu/technology/computing-services--support/hardware-purchases/
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a hardware quote
- Computer Recommendations and Printer Recommendations are online
Mobile SCU App Download from Apple Store or Google Play
- Right from your mobile device look up campus events, news, maps and directions, course catalog, athletics schedules, dining services and more.
Multifactor Authentication (Duo Security) www.scu.edu/technology/get-connected/single-sign-on/multifactor-authentication-duo/
- SCU has teamed up with Duo Security to provide the secondary authentication challenge.
PC Replacement Program www.scu.edu/technology/computing-services--support/pc-replacement-program-pcr/
- The PC Replacement program annually replaces one quarter of those systems in the program.
- Our private voice network is based on Cisco VoIP technology and includes several thousand handsets, voicemail and call centers.
- SCU’s network print management system.
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control (antivirus) https://download.scu.edu/GetAntiVirus
- Our antivirus software is provided by Sophos, a world leader in virus protection. SCU has purchased a license to allow all CURRENT students, faculty and staff to protect their campus and home computers free of charge. To access and download the software, you will be required to login with your SCU Username and password.
Technology Personal Purchase Program
- Apple and Dell hardware https://ecampus.scu.edu
- Free Antivirus and SPSS software from SCU https://download.scu.edu/GetAntiVirus
- Educational discounts from Journey Ed https://www.journeyed.com/?ref=select
University Library & Learning Commons www.scu.edu/library
- The University Library has mobile charge stations located on the 1st Floor of the Harrington Learning Commons. Additionally, SCU faculty and staff can check out iPads, Kindle Fires and Nook tablets from the University Library Help Desk.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) access is available to all faculty and staff at Santa Clara University.
WiFi access (SCU-Employee) www.scu.edu/technology/get-connected/wifi/
- The password for SCU-Employee is GoBroncos
- Open your web browser and navigate to an off-site web site (Facebook, ESPN, CNN) and you’ll be redirected to a SafeConnect login page. Use your SCU Username and password to authenticate. Authentication is required at the beginning of each quarter. For fastest WiFi access, use SCU-Employee.
- Sign in with Google and use your SCU Username and password
- Better than Skype! Make Zoom calls with non-SCU people, just send them an invite.
Technology Help Desk www.scu.edu/technology/computing-services--support/
- Initial point of contact for technology support
- Phone: 408-554-5700
- Email: email@example.com
- Learning Management support
- Phone: 408-551-3572
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AV/Media equipment, resources and services
- Phone: 408-554-4520
- Email: email@example.com
Technology Training www.scu.edu/training
- Classes, office hours, web tutorials and more
- Phone: (408) 551-3120
- Email: TechnologyTraining@scu.edu
SCU Technology Twitter https://twitter.com/scu_tech
- Follow @SCU_TECH for latest information and alerts