Quick Start Guide for Faculty and Staff
Information Services provides technology and services to enhance teaching and learning, support scholarship, and provide administrative and desktop tools to improve service and productivity.
Your SCU Technology accounts for single sign on, eCampus, and ACCESS. Guidance for security policies and safe computing.
Single sign on access to Google Workspace (including SCU Gmail), Camino, Qualtrics, Room Reservations, Zoom, and more.
Hardware and software, Zoom, printing, phones, VPN, Wifi, SentinelOne antivirus, the Learning Commons & Library, and mobile apps.
- SCU Username is your login to MySCU Portal, Google Workspace (including SCU Gmail), Camino, SCU Wireless, most computer labs and more.
- eCampus User ID is the same as your SCU Username.
- Campus ID is the 11 digit numeric identifier on the front of your ACCESS card.
- 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) is required for all SCU employees, for Google Workspace and for those applications with sensitive information, e.g., Workday
- To activate the Duo Universal prompt, log into your MySCU portal and click on Google Workspaces or the Workday tile.
- More information about Duo at SCU
- Track student information such as courses, grades, billing and payments, and financial aid.
- Login to eCampus
- New incoming students will not need eCampus.
- Everyone at SCU is required to practice safe computing and follow our policies:
- More information about Security Policies and Safe Computing
- Your SCU Gmail account is the official email used for Administrative and Academic communications. Check your SCU Gmail regularly!
- Learning management system for course materials, communication, collaboration, posting documents, online assignments, group spaces, and more.
- More information about Camino.
- Employees can access HR functions such as benefits, timecards, pay, accruals, personal information, and recruiting.
- Employees can also conduct financial transactions such as purchase requisitions, expense reports, and supplier invoices.
- More information:
- Room Reservation is for reserving conference rooms and shared study spaces in the Learning Commons, Lucas Hall, and Charney Hall.
- To make reservations, login to the MySCU Portal and click on the "Room Reservations" tile.
- Email email@example.com to obtain a hardware quote
- Computer Recommendations and Printer Recommendations are online
Mobile SCU App
- Right from your mobile device look up campus events, news, maps and directions, course catalog, athletics schedules, dining services and more.
- Download from the Apple Store or Google Play
PC Replacement Program
- The PC Replacement Program annually replaces one quarter of those systems in the program.
- SCU's private voice network is based on Cisco VoIP technology and includes several thousand handsets, voicemail and call centers.
- SCU’s network print management system.
SentinelOne (and other security software)
- SentinelOne is installed on University-owned computers by Academic Technology.
- We recommend SentinelOne for personally-owned computers (personal computers owned by SCU faculty, staff and students). The download for SentinelOne will be available by September 2023. You must have an active SCU account in order to download the SentinelOne software. Additionally, the software MUST be removed from your computer once you've left the University.
- Additional free security solutions that are compatible with our wireless network, eduroam, can be found on the Clearpass Onguard AV page.
Technology Purchase Program for Personal Devices
- Educational discounts on hardware and software are available for faculty and staff purchasing machines for their own personal use.
University Library & Learning Commons
- The University Library has mobile charge stations located on the first floor of the Harrington Learning Commons.
- The Library offers short-term check-out of chargers for Apple laptops and USB headsets.
- The Library has a scanner available for patron use.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- The Network VPN service is available to all faculty and staff at Santa Clara University.
- VPN access for students needs to be approved by the Information Security Office. Please contact the Technology Help Desk for assistance.
- Faculty and staff should connect to the eduroam wireless network while on campus.
- Learn more about SCU's wireless networks
- Sign in with Google (using your SCU Google account) to use our enterprise license with unlimited meeting times.
- Make Zoom calls with non-SCU people, just send them an invitation
- Contact Media Services for Zoom assistance
- Learn more about Zoom web conferencing
Technology Help Desk
- Initial point of contact for technology support
- Phone: 408-554-5700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information about the Help Desk
Camino (SCU's branded version of Canvas LMS)
- Learning Management support
- Phone: 408-551-3572
- Email: email@example.com
- More information about Camino
- AV/Media equipment, resources and services, classroom A/V & computers, Zoom support
- Phone: 408-554-4520
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information about Media Services
- Classes, office hours, web tutorials and more
- Phone: 408-551-3120
- Email: email@example.com
- More information about Technology Training
SCU Technology Twitter
- Follow @SCU_TECH for latest information and alerts