Information Services provides technology and services to enhance teaching and learning, support scholarship, and provide administrative and desktop tools to improve service and productivity.
SCU Technology Accounts
- SCU Username is your login to MySCU Portal, Gmail, Camino, SCU Wireless, computer labs and more.
- eCampus User ID is the same as your SCU Username.
- Campus ID is the 11 digit numeric identifier on the front of your ACCESS card.
- Library Barcode is located on the back of your ACCESS card and is used for used for Library systems and other systems on campus.
MySCU Portal www.scu.edu/login
- Single sign on access to many SCU applications such as: GSuite, Camino, Peoplesoft Financials, Room Reservations, Gartner, Concur, Zoom and more.
Camino (Canvas LMS) www.scu.edu/login
- Learning management system for course materials, communication, collaboration, posting documents, online assignments, group spaces and more.
- Expense Management
- 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) for those applications with sensitive information, e.g., Concur and PeopleSoft
- If you have access to these applications you will see the 2FA setup tile in the MySCU Portal.
- Click here for more information
- Enter grades and purchase SCU Parking permits.
Email / SCU Gmail www.scu.edu/login
- Your SCU Gmail account is the official email used for Administrative and Academic communications. Check your SCU Gmail regularly!
- Human Resource Management portal. Access to HR functions such as benefits, timecards, pay, accruals, personal information and recruiting.
PeopleSoft Financials www.scu.edu/login
- Application for managing University Financial systems
Room Reservations www.scu.edu/login
- Room Reservation is for reserving conference rooms and shared study spaces in the Learning Commons and Charney Hall. For support, visit https://scuweb.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
IT Policies and Safe Computing https://www.scu.edu/is/secure/
- Everyone at SCU is required to practice safe computing and follow our policies:
Hardware Purchases www.scu.edu/technology/computing-services--support/hardware-purchases/
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a hardware quote
- Computer Recommendations and Printer Recommendations are online
Mobile SCU App Download from Apple Store or Google Play
- Right from your mobile device look up campus events, news, maps and directions, course catalog, athletics schedules, dining services and more.
PC Replacement Program www.scu.edu/technology/computing-services--support/pc-replacement-program-pcr/
- The PC Replacement program annually replaces one quarter of those systems in the program.
- Our private voice network is based on Cisco VoIP technology and includes several thousand handsets, voicemail and call centers.
- SCU’s network print management system.
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control (antivirus) https://home.sophos.com
- Academic Technology manages the Sophos settings on University-owned computers. If you need Sophos Central + Intercept X installed on your University-owned computer, please contact the Technology Help Desk at x5700.
We recommend Sophos Home to protect your personally owned computer for all students, faculty and staff. Use your personal email address to download the free edition directly from Sophos. You have full control of the software and can set up your own scheduled scan once you install Sophos Home.
View the Sophos Home "how to" video: YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Technology Personal Purchase Program
- Apple and Dell hardware https://ecampus.scu.edu
- Free SPSS software from SCU https://download.scu.edu/download/SPSS
- Educational discounts from Journey Ed https://www.journeyed.com/?ref=select
University Library & Learning Commons www.scu.edu/library
- The University Library has mobile charge stations located on the 1st Floor of the Harrington Learning Commons. Additionally, SCU faculty and staff can check out iPads, Kindle Fires and Nook tablets from the University Library Help Desk.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) access is available to all faculty and staff at Santa Clara University.
WiFi access (SCU-Employee) www.scu.edu/technology/get-connected/wifi/
- The password for SCU-Employee is GoBroncos
Connect to SCU‑Employee
- Choose SCU‑Employee from the list of available WiFi networks.
- SCU‑Employee is encrypted with WPA. You will be asked to enter a WPA key.
At the password prompt, enter "GoBroncos" (without quotation marks)
- After entering the WPA key, you will need to launch your web browser and browse to SafeConnect.
- A web page will open and prompt you to type in your SCU Username and password. You are not fully connected to the network until you authenticate with your SCU Username and password.
- Once logged in, you may be asked to download a Policy Key. This must be downloaded to access the wireless network.
- Sign in with Google and use your SCU Username and password
- Better than Skype! Make Zoom calls with non-SCU people, just send them an invite.
Technology Help Desk www.scu.edu/technology/computing-services--support/
- Initial point of contact for technology support
- Phone: 408-554-5700
- Email: email@example.com
- Learning Management support
- Phone: 408-551-3572
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AV/Media equipment, resources and services
- Phone: 408-554-4520
- Email: email@example.com
Technology Training www.scu.edu/training
- Classes, office hours, web tutorials and more
- Phone: (408) 551-3120
- Email: TechnologyTraining@scu.edu
SCU Technology Twitter https://twitter.com/scu_tech
- Follow @SCU_TECH for latest information and alerts