Quick Start Guide for Faculty and Staff
Information Services provides technology and services to enhance teaching and learning, support scholarship, and provide administrative and desktop tools to improve service and productivity.
Your SCU Technology accounts for single sign on, eCampus, and ACCESS. Guidance for security policies and safe computing.
Single sign on access to Google Workspace (including SCU Gmail), Camino, Qualtrics, Room Reservations, Zoom, and more.
Hardware and software, Zoom, printing, phones, VPN, Wifi, Sophos antivirus, the Learning Commons & Library, and mobile apps.
Support is available from the Technology Help Desk, Learning Management, Media Services, and Technology Training.
- SCU Username is your login to MySCU Portal, Google Workspace (including SCU Gmail), Camino, SCU Wireless, most computer labs and more.
- eCampus User ID is the same as your SCU Username.
- Campus ID is the 11 digit numeric identifier on the front of your ACCESS card.
- 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) is required for all SCU employees, for Google Workspace and for those applications with sensitive information, e.g., Workday
- You will see the 2FA setup tile in the MySCU Portal.
- More information about Duo at SCU
- Track student information such as courses, grades, billing and payments, and financial aid.
- Login to eCampus
- Everyone at SCU is required to practice safe computing and follow our policies:
- More information about Security Policies and Safe Computing
- Login to MySCU Portal using your SCU Username
- Your SCU Gmail account is the official email used for Administrative and Academic communications. Check your SCU Gmail regularly!
- Learning management system for course materials, communication, collaboration, posting documents, online assignments, group spaces, and more.
- More information about Camino.
- Employees can access HR functions such as benefiits, timecards, pay, accruals, personal information, and recruiting.
- Employess can also conduct financial transactions such as purchase requisitions, expense reports, and supplier invoices.
- More information:
- Room Reservation is for reserving conference rooms and shared study spaces in the Learning Commons, Lucas Hall, and Charney Hall.
- Email email@example.com to obtain a hardware quote
- Computer Recommendations and Printer Recommendations are online
- More information about Hardware Purchases
Mobile SCU App
- Right from your mobile device look up campus events, news, maps and directions, course catalog, athletics schedules, dining services and more.
- Download from the Apple Store or Google Play
PC Replacement Program
- The PC Replacement Program annually replaces one quarter of those systems in the program.
- SCU's private voice network is based on Cisco VoIP technology and includes several thousand handsets, voicemail and call centers.
- SCU’s network print management system.
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control (antivirus)
- Technology Support Services manages the Sophos settings on University-owned computers.
We recommend Sophos Home to protect personally-owned computers for all students, faculty and staff. Use your personal email address to download the free edition directly from Sophos. You have full control of the software and can set up your own scheduled scan once you install Sophos Home.
View the Sophos Home "how to" video: YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Technology Purchase Program for Personal Devices
- Educational discounts on hardware and software are available for faculty and staff purchasing machines for their own personal use.
University Library & Learning Commons
- The University Library has mobile charge stations located on the first floor of the Harrington Learning Commons.
- The Library offers short-term check-out of chargers for Apple laptops and USB headsets.
- The Library has a scanner avaailable for patron use.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- The Network) VPN service is available to all faculty and staff at Santa Clara University.
- Faculty and staff should connect to the eduroam wireless network while on campus.
- Learn more about SCU's wireless networks
- Sign in with Google (using your SCU Google account) to use our enterprise license with unlimited meeting times.
- Make Zoom calls with non-SCU people, just send them an invitation
- Learn more about Zoom web conferencing
Technology Help Desk
- Initial point of contact for technology support
- Phone: 408-554-5700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information about the Help Desk
Camino (SCU's branded version of Canvas LMS)
- Learning Management support
- Phone: 408-551-3572
- Email: email@example.com
- More information about Camino
- AV/Media equipment, resources and services, Zoom support
- Phone: 408-554-4520
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information about Media Services
- Classes, office hours, web tutorials and more
- Phone: 408-551-3120
- Email: email@example.com
- More information about Technology Training
SCU Technology Twitter
- Follow @SCU_TECH for latest information and alerts