Bronco Entrepreneurs Advisory Clinic Hours (BEACH)
Bronco Entrepreneurs Advisory Clinic Hours (known as BEACH) provides an interdisciplinary SCU-wide advisory service for startups of all kinds. The program is crafted as an experiential program that has business and law students working together with alumni mentors and attorneys to help startups or other small companies while furthering their own education and experience.
BEACH is an opportunity for SCU students to work in cross-functional teams while gaining a real-world hands-on experience counseling entrepreneurs.
If you are a business owner that would like free advising through BEACH, please register HERE!
Many entrepreneurs and small business owners say they could have saved considerable time, expense, and headache if only they had consulted an attorney or business advisor earlier rather than later. BEACH offers services to entrepreneurs including the following:
- Operations/Supply Chain Management
- Product Development
- Founders' Agreements
- Entity Choice (Sole Proprietorship, LLC, Corporation, etc.)
- Employment Matters
- Equity Compensation
- Restricted Stock & Shareholders’ Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Intellectual Property Protection (Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, etc.)
- Privacy Policies
- Commercial Lease Agreements
- Customer and Vendor Contracts
If you are a student that would like to participate as an advisor in the Spring Term, sign up HERE!
The mission of BEACH is three-fold:
1) Provide SCU students (including business and law) with opportunities for client interaction and exposure to real-world entrepreneurs
2) Provide meaningful connections between students and their mentors
3) Serve a population of entrepreneurs and small business owners that otherwise lack access to affordable competent business advising and legal counsel.
- Teams are formed in both business and law fields
- Each team is comprised of 2 business students, 2 law students, 1 business mentor, and 1 law mentor.
- Expectation is that senior students show leadership and help junior students with understanding and research
- Each team sees 2 clients per month
- Clients are asked to submit information about their business and legal issue in advance, enabling teams to prepare
- Teams will complete an informational interview, research the solution to the problem the entrepreneur is facing, and present their findings in a scheduled advising session
- BEACH requires students to commit around 15-17 hours/month.