Tracy Abbott is an adjunct lecturer in the Department of Civil Engineering at Santa Clara University. Previously, she worked for 15 years in industry as a structural engineer designing bridges, buildings, and a variety of unique structures. She holds professional Civil and Structural licenses in the state of California. Tracy received her Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1996 and her Masters degree in Structural Engineering from the University of California, San Diego, in 1997. She joined Santa Clara University in 2012.
M.S. University of California, San Diego, 1997
B.S. University of California, Berkeley, 1996
- Structural analysis and design of buildings, bridges, and other structures.
- Use of steel, concrete, prestressed concrete, and masonry materials.
Professional Design Experience
- San Francisco Bay Bridge, Self-Anchored Suspension Span
- Highway 152-156 Interchange
- Mary Avenue Pedestrian Cable-Stay Bridge, Cupertino
- Bay Street Pedestrian Arch Bridge, Emeryville
- Bay Street Retail and Movie Theater Buildings, Emeryville
- Registered Civil Engineer, State of California
- Registered Structural Engineer, State of California
Society Memberships and Service
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- CENG 43 Strength of Materials
- CENG 132 Structural Analysis
- CENG 134 Structural Steel Design
- CENG 135 Reinforced Concrete Design
- CENG 137/237 Earthquake Engineering Design
- CENG 136/236 Advanced Concrete Structures
- CENG 222 Advanced Structural Analysis
- CENG 231 Bridge Engineering
- CENG 232 Masonry Engineering
- CENG 234 Structural Steel Design II
For a list of Civil Engineering course descriptions, visit the Undergraduate Courses page or the Graduate Courses page.