Tim Hight has been at SCU since 1984, and chair of the mechanical engineering department since 1998. He has his MS and PhD from Stanford University, and BS from CalTech. His major teaching interest is in design, and the senior design projects. Dr. Hight was the faculty project manager for SCU’s 2007 and 2009 Solar Decathlon projects.
Ph.D., Stanford University, 1977
M.S., Stanford University, 1973
B.S., California Institute of Technology, 1972
- Wadiak, D.T. and T.K. Hight, "Diffusion and Chemical Reaction by the Finite Element Method," AIAA paper 2002-1682, 43rd AIAA/.ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, AIAA Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, 2002.
- Hornberger, L.E. and T. Hight, "Substituting PCR Plastic into Parts Used in Concrete Forms," Polymer Recycling, vol. 5, n 3, pp. 123-135, 2001.
- Hight, Tim, "Cross Disciplinary Design Teams with Non-Engineers," Proceedings of ICED 2001, Glasgow, Scotland, August 21-23, 2001, pp 261-268.
- Hight, Tim, "Senior Design: Mixing Industry, Government and Student Generated Projects," presented at ASEE CIEC, San Diego, CA, 31 January, 2001.
- Hornberger, L. and Tim Hight, "Recycling PET into Hardware for the Construction Industry," Proceedings of the 6th Annual Recycling Conference of Society of Plastics Engineers, Detroit MI, November 9-11, 1999, pp. 29-35.
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering