Yuhong Liu, assistant Professor of Computer Engineering at Santa Clara University, earned her Ph.D. degree from Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering at University of Rhode Island, under the supervision of Dr. Yan (Lindsay) Sun. She received her B.S. degree in information engineering in 2004 and M.S. degree in signal processing in 2007, both from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
With expertise in trustworthy computing and cyber security, my primary research interests include:
- Online social network security and privacy
- Trust management in cyber-physical systems
- Trustworthy cloud computing
On December 10th- 12th, 2018, we were The 4th International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Social Networks and Big Data at SCU.
- COEN 12 – Data Structure (Fall 2016, Winter 2017, Fall 2017, Winter 2018, Spring 2018)
- COEN 279/AMTH 377 – Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Winter 2016)
- COEN 146 Computer Network (Spring 2017)
- COEN 296 Secure and Trustworthy Online Social Media (Spring 2017)
NSF Panel Review
Technical Program Committee
- The IEEE COMPSAC Symposium on Human Computing and Social Computing (HCSC), July 2018
- The International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC March 2018)
- The IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS): MobiSec: Security, Privacy, and Digital Forensics of Mobile Systems and Networks, May 2017
- The IEEE COMPSAC Symposium on Security, Privacy and Trust in Computing (SEPT), July 2017
- The IEEE COMPSAC Symposium on Human Computing and Social Computing (HCSC), July 2017
- The Fourth ASE International Conference on Social Informatics 2015
- IEEE GlobalSIP14-Workshop on Information Forensics and Security 2014
- ASE/IEEE International Conference on Social Computing 2012
- The program co-chair of the 4th International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Social Networks and Big Data (SocialSec 2018), Santa Clara, CA, USA, Dec 10- 12th, 2018
- Special session chair of Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA), 12-15 November 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA;
- Special session co-chair of IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Systems(SiPS), 21-24 October 2018, Cape Town, South Africa, 2018;
- The program co-chair of the 11th International Conference on Ubi-Media Computing (UMEDIA 2018), Nanjing, China, 2018
- The program co-chair of the 3rd International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Social Networks and Big Data (SocialSec 2017), Melbourne, Australia, 13-15 December 2017
- Publicity co-Chair of The 4th International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2017), Jeju Island, Jeju, KOREA, Feb 13 - Feb 16, 2017
- Steering committee member of HCSL Symposium at IEEE COMPSAC 2017
- Finance co-Chair of IEEE GlobalSIP 2015, Orlando, FL, USA, December 14th-16th
- General Chair of HCSL Symposium at IEEE COMPSAC 2016, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. June 10-14, 2016
- Committee member of IEEE Computer Society Technical Meeting Request Committee (TMRC), 07/2016 ~ present
- Committee member of IEEE STC Executive Committee Board, 09/2014 ~ present
- Membership Chair of IEEE Special Technical Community on Social Networks (STCSN), 09/2013~ present
- Associate Editor (eNews), of Signal Processing Magazine, 06/2014 ~ present
- Guest Editor for Mathematical Problems in Engineering for Special Issue on “Security and Privacy Protection of Social Networks in Big Data Era”, Vol. 2018, 2018
- Guest Editor of STCSN e-Letter special issue on "Security and privacy issues in online social network"
- Reviewer for ICNC(2017); SocialSec (2017); IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (2016); IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (2014); IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security (2018); IEEE Transactions on Multimedia (2012~2014); Journal of Computing and Information Technology(2014); E-Letter of IEEE Special Technical Community on Social Network (2013~2014); IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI) Doctoral Consortium (2014); IEEE Signal Processing Letters (2013), IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing(2013), Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks (2013), IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (2012); IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security special issue on Privacy and Trust Management in Cloud and Distributed Systems (2012); Social Network Analysis and Mining(2011); The third IEEE International Conference of Social Computing (2011); IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications (2011); IEEE Transactions on Intelligent systems (2011); IEEE Signal Processing Magazine Special Issue on Signal and Information Processing for Social Learning and Networking (2011)
- The Packard Junior Faculty Fellowship at Santa Clara University 08/2016
- The best paper award at The 9th International Conference on Ubi-Media Computing (UMEDIA 2016)
- The 2013 University of Rhode Island Graduate School Excellence in Doctoral Research Award.
- The best paper award at the IEEE International Conference on Social Computing 2010 (acceptance rate = 13%).