Current Research Interests
Geotechnical design, Geology, Landfills
Ph.D., U.C. Berkeley 1979
M.S., Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi 1966
B.S., Panjabi University 1964
- Researcher of the Year Award (1997)
- Distinguished Alumni Award (1997)
- Special Recognition Award for Excellence in Teaching, Research and Service (1996)
- Visiting Professor on sabbatical at Cambridge University, England (1997 & 2003)
- Co-Chairman, ASCE Soil Dynamics Committee Session, San Francisco (1978)
- Citizen of the Day Award given by KABL radio station, San Francisco, California (1977)
- Special Certificate Award from Alyeska Pipeline Company for Contributions as Project Engineer (1976)
- Outstanding Immigrant Award (1977)
- Scholarship for M.S. studies (1964-1966)
- Gold Medal for M.S. thesis (1967)
- CENG 20 Geology
- CENG 121 Geotechnical Engineering
- CENG 138/238 Geotechnical Engineering Design
- Singh, S., "A Critical Examination of Dynamic Shear Modulus vs Shear Strain Relationships for Municipal Solid Waste", Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Civil and Structural Engineering Computing, September 13, 1999, Oxford, England.
- Madabhushi, S.P.G. and Singh, S. "Centrifuge Modelling of Seismic behavior of Waste Containment Systems. Centrifuge Test SC-3: A Brief Report. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 1999.
- Madabhushi, S.P.G. and Singh, S. "Integrity of landfill liners following earthquake loading." International Symposium on Physical Modelling and Testing in Environmental Engineering Conference, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, 1999.
- Madabhushi, S.P.G. and Singh, S. "Integrity of landfill liners following earthquake loading." International Symposium on Physical Modelling and Testing in Environmental Geotechnics, La Baule, France, May, 2000.
- Singh, Sukhmander. "Dynamic Strength Characteristics of Municipal Solid Waste." Proceedings of 4th International Congress on Environmental Geotechnics, ISSMGE, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August, 2002.