Fellow of IEEE
Ph.D., Stanford University, 1978
M.S., Stanford University, 1975
B.S., Columbia University, 1969
Image and signal processing; computational imaging and super-resolution; engineering education
- 2009 ASEE Electrical and Computer Engineering Division Distinguished Educator Award
- IEEE Distinguished Lecturer, 2003
- Santa Clara University Researcher of the Year Award, 1995
- Santa Clara University President's Special Recognition Award, 1994
- NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award, 1984
- Paper Award from Radiological Society of North America meeting, 1983
- Digital Signal Processing
- Image Processing
- Logic Design
- Introduction to Engineering
- C. Richard Johnson, Jr, Paul Messier,William Sethares, Sally Wood, et al., PURSUING AUTOMATED CLASSIFICATION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPERS FROM RAKING LIGHT IMAGES, Journal of the American Institute for Conservation, Vol 53, Iss. 3 , August 2014.
- Jasmin Gonzalez , Sally Wood , Yuling Yan , “Fourier Descriptor Based Diagnosis of Vocal-Fold Partial Asymmetry from High Speed Image Sequences,” Forty-seventh Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Pacific Grove, California, 3-6 November 2013
- Sumanth Pavuluri, Kikuo Fujimura, Sally Wood, “ROBUST LANE LOCALIZATION USING MULTIPLE CUES ON THE ROAD,” IEEE Signal Processing Society 15th DSP Workshop, Napa,California, 11-14 August, 2013.
- Shu-Ting Lee, Sally L. Wood, Michael J. Ready, and John R. Treichler, “Performance of Post-Demodulator Adaptive Filters for FSK Signals in a Multipath Environment,” EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2011, Article ID 412036,. doi:10.1155/2011/412036.
- John L. Daniels, Sally L. Wood and Susan C. Kemnitzer, The role of NSF’s Department Level Reform program in engineering education practice and research. Advances in Engineering Education, Vol 2, Number 4, Summer 2011.
- Edward D. de Asis, Jr., Joseph Leung, Sally Wood, Cattien V. Nguyen, "Four Probe Architecture Using High Spatial Resolution Single Multi-walled Carbon Nanotube Electrodes for Electrophysiology and Bioimpedance Monitoring of Whole Tissue,",Applied Physics Letters 96, 096701 (2010).
- Edward D. de Asis, Jr., Joseph Leung, Sally Wood, Cattien V. Nguyen, "Empirical Study of Unipolar and Bipolar Configuration Using High Resolution Single Multi-walled Carbon Nanotube Electrodes for Electrophysiological Probing of Electrically Excitable Cells," Nanotechnology 21, 125101 (2010).
- Sally L. Wood, “Super-resolution image reconstruction for a steerable array of sub-imagers”, Digital Signal Processing, 19(6), 923-933, December 2009.
- S. L. Wood, S. Lee, G. Yang, M. P. Christensen, and D. Rajan, "Impact of measurement precision and noise on superresolution image reconstruction," Appl. Opt. 47(10), 1638-1648 (2008).
- T. Mirani, D. Rajan, M. P. Christensen, S. C. Douglas, and S. L. Wood, "Computational imaging systems: joint design and end-to-end optimality," Appl. Opt. 47(10), B86-B103 (2008).
- H-B. Lan, S. L. Wood, M. P. Christensen, D. Rajan, ``Benefits of optical system diversity for multiplexed image reconstruction," Applied Optics, Vol. 45, No. 13, pp 2859-2870, May 2006.
- M. P. Christensen, V. Bhakta, D. Rajan, S. C. Douglas, S. L. Wood, ``Adaptive flat multi-resolution multiplexed computational imaging architecture utilizing micro-mirror arrays to steer sub-imager field-of-views," Applied Optics, Vol. 45, No. 13, pp 2884-2892, May 2006.
Thomas J. Bannan Professor of Electrical Engineering