Chapter & Group Leadership
Be a Part of Your Chapter & Group Leadership Team!
Santa Clara University is proud to spread the Bronco spirit across the globe through our regional chapters, affinity, identity-based, and professional industry groups. All are led by active volunteers, ready and willing to plan and promote events meaningful to their unique community.
Regardless of the size of your regional community, having strong and well-defined leadership is a key component to its success. The size of your chapter leadership team will depend on your community’s size and activity level. Most larger chapters (1000+ alumni) are led by a committee with a president and several other volunteers. Smaller chapters may be led by one or two regional representatives.
- Plan and execute a consistent calendar of events; the number can be decided based on the size and interests of your chapter.
- Depending on the size of your chapter, recruit a committee of alumni volunteers to assist with planning events. We encourage you to have a committee that is representative across schools and decades.
- Communicate regularly with your local volunteers, planning committee, or co-chair. This may include in-person meetings or conference calls. It is up to you to determine the best method of communication for your unique group.
- Serve as a local resource for current or incoming students as well as alumni that are new to the area or prospective students.
- Respond to inquiries about your alumni chapter from fellow alumni or university staff.
- Promote events on Social Media and through personal outreach.
- Communicate with your Alumni staff liaison regularly to best serve the alumni population in your area.
- Keep track of attendance at events. Share the names of walk-ins and no shows with your staff liaison.
- Take pictures during events and submit them to your staff liaison, or post to social media.
- Represent SCU at local admission events.
- Participate in the annual New Student Welcome Program.
- Attend biennial Chapter Workshop on campus.
- Maintain accurate contact information with the university and encourage others in your area to do the same.
- Allow your name and email address to be listed on your chapter webpage.
- Keep all alumni contact information and mailing lists confidential and used for alumni purposes only. Announcements or other communications used for personal, commercial or political gain are strictly prohibited.
- Comply with policies and requests from the SCU Alumni Association.
- Vice President
- Social Media Chair
- Alumni For Others (Community Service) Chair
- Young Alumni Chair
- Decade Representative