How to Complete Your Course Plan
We have everything that you will need on this page for course planning. A step-by-step guide that walks you through the 5 most imporatnt steps that you need to complete, and all of the resources to answer your questions or concerns.
A Step-By-Step Guide
1. Print out an eCampus Transcript Degree Audit
From your eCampus Student Center
Choose the "Academics" tile
Choose "Unof_Transcript + Degree Audit" for Report Type
Click on "Go"
2. Fill out a Requirements Checklist using your transcription and degree audit (This step is only necessary if you want a one-page summary)
3. Transfer all the courses with blank boxes on the Requirements Checklist, or all the "not satisfied" courses on your Degree Audit, to the Course Planning Worksheet
Use tentative course schedules to anticipate which quarter courses will likely be offered
Verify you will meet all prerequisites BEFORE the quarter you plan to take a particular class
Enter placeholders for required major courses if you haven't declared a major:
Accounting 7 - 8 courses
Accounting and Information Systems 12 courses
Economics 7 courses
Finance 5 - 6 courses
Management 5 courses
Marketing 5 courses
Operations Management & Information Systems 7 courses
Leavey Scholars should use the Leavey Scholars Course Planning worksheet (XLS)
4. Total the number of units
Confirm that there are 175 units total, of which 60 units are upper division (courses number 100 and above)
5. Meet with your faculty advisor (or Drahmann Center advisor) to have your course plan reviewed.
Resources to Answer Your Questions
LSB Peer Advisors can help you fill these out or do an initial check after you have completed the plan. Once you have fully completed your course plan you should make an appointment with your assigned faculty advisor to review the plan. If you plan to double-major or add minors to your Course Plan, you should review it with a Drahmann Center Advisor (408-554-4318) who is best equipped to advise across Schools.
Online resources are available throughout the Business Undergraduate site, including Requirement Checklists, Prerequisite Lists, and links to upcoming quarter schedules.
Tentative Course Schedules are in back of the Deadlines & Registration Information Booklet.
You may also visit the Undergraduate Business Programs Office in Lucas 115.