Leavey Ambassadors Application Process
The Leavey Ambassadors are currently accepting applications. Learn more about the program below and follow the link to apply! The deadline to submit your applications is Monday, February 5, 2024 by 11:59 PM.
Santa Clara University’s Leavey School of Business recognized the need for specific representation of business undergrads within the prospective student college search process. As such, in 2019 it founded the Leavey Ambassadors program, a group of undergraduate students currently enrolled in the Leavey School of Business who are passionate about sharing their experiences with prospective students and families. Leavey Ambassadors work closely with the Undergraduate Business Program Office in attracting, recruiting, and enrolling a talented and diverse group of future first year and transfer business students. As student leaders, the LAs provide campus visitors a better view of the Leavey experience by welcoming them to the Leavey School of Business, speaking on student panels, and assisting in school promotional events, such as Open House and Preview Days.
By providing your personal narrative and articulating your experiences, you can assist prospective students in discerning if Santa Clara University and the Leavey School of Business will be the home to their thriving, fulfilling, and successful collegiate career. The knowledge and real world experience you gain as a LA will cultivate leadership and professional skills that will benefit you both as a student and as a professional.
Details for the 2024 application process:
In order to apply for a position with the Leavey Ambassadors please follow the link below. During the application process you will be asked about your experience in the Leavey School of Business through interviews with current ambassadors and faculty members. The team aims to bring in a new class of Leavey Ambassadors by the start of Spring Quarter 2024. We look forward to hearing from you all!
As a Leavey Ambassador you will:
- Correspond with prospective students and families to convey critical student life information, in particular that relevant to the Leavey School of Business
- Write various blog posts and create social media content each quarter to promote LSB activities to prospective students
- Assist in major promotional events, such as Open House, Family Weekend, and Preview Days.
- Take part in our fun quarterly team bonding events!
As a Leavey Ambassador you are expected to:
- Be enrolled as a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student at SCU;
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above & supply the Director with a grade report at the end of every year;
- Be in good judicial standing with the Office of Student Life and their Residential Learning Community (if applicable);
- Be able to follow expected time commitment;
- Be reliable, punctual, energetic, responsible, flexible, collaborative, and resilient;
- Have a strong sense of humor;
- Be able to solve problems and issues;
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have demonstrated knowledge of LSB resources and services;
- Be willing and able to work effectively with a diverse population of team members, prospective and new students, parents, families, and guests respecting different backgrounds, cultures, abilities and viewpoints;
- Commit to the program for a full year (those studying abroad will commit for winter and spring quarters);
- Present herself/himself/them self in a manner consistent with the values of the University in all forums including, but not limited to, online web environments such as Facebook, Instagram, etc;
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment;
- Have a history of good attendance and work habits;
- Respect the confidentiality of all student records and information, university records, and other private information to which they have access.