Individual Studies Major in Business FAQs
1. What is my degree?
You will receive a Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC) degree.
2. If I major in Individual Studies in the Business School, can I have a second major within the Business School?
No, but you can have a second major outside the Business School, such as Mathematics, Political Science, or Economics in the College of Arts and Sciences.
3. How is my major listed on my transcript/ diploma?
Your major will be Individual Studies (your specific individual title is not listed).
4. How is my major GPA calculated?
The major GPA is calculated using the 8 upper-division courses specified in your contract.
5. Will my degree audit show which courses I have and have not completed toward the IS major?
No: You are responsible for keeping track of this yourself.
6. Can the upper-division courses required for my IS major double-dip with other requirements?
The 8 upper-division courses (at least 4 of which must be in the Business School) cannot be required courses in the Leavey School core (namely: BUSN 179, FNCE 121, MGMT 160, MKTG 181, OMIS 108, MGMT 162). They may overlap with other University requirements if a compelling case is made for their inclusion in the IS major.