A Century of Engineering Excellence
For 100 years, the School of Engineering at Santa Clara University has been educating the leaders and innovators of the future, imparting to its students the knowledge, skills, and vision necessary to make a difference in their communities and in the world. Founded in 1912, the first engineering laboratory was located in an old seed warehouse—a far cry from today's facilities where students control satellites in space and research properties and materials at the nanoscale level.
In the course of a century, much has changed in the sphere of engineering and its affiliated pedagogy. Previously unimagined disciplines such as computer engineering and bioengineering have emerged to join civil, electrical, and mechanical fields as transformative forces in society.