The School of Engineering's and the College of Arts and Sciences’ (as pertains to SCDI) digital signs will be used to communicate events and information that relate to STEM students, faculty, and staff. The Dean's Offices may accept non-STEM-related digital signs at their discretion if the information is relevant to the community. Display priority will be given to those submitted from within STEM.
All digital signs must be of high-resolution quality, have 1" borders, and text must be kept to a minimum. Digital signs on STEM monitors will run for a maximum of 7 seconds each.
The School of Engineering and the College of Arts and Sciences reserves the right to edit text and/or design of slides to comply with University and School standards.
- All on-campus events must include the following ADA statement with name and email or phone number to contact at least 72 hours prior to the event:
- "In compliance with the ADA/504, please direct your accommodation requests to [NAME] at [EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE]."
- All ADA statements must be in 30 pt. font or larger.
- Signage must be 1920 px X 1080 px at 72 dpi (26.667" x 15" when using PowerPoint or Word)
- Signage must be in a horizontal format
- Static signage must be saved as .jpg
- Movie signage must be saved as .mp4
- Keep text to 25% or less of design (Remember they have 7 seconds to read it!)
Other Design Tips:
- Keep your design simple
- Limit the amount of fonts to less than 3
- High contrast makes for easier reading
- Whitespace is your friend; Do not overcrowd your design
- Submit all requests no later than 72 hours before campaign is slated to run
- Campaigns will run for a maximum of 14 days
- If you need your sign posted only within STEM, submissions should be made by emailing Nicole Morales
- If you need your sign posted throughout campus, submissions should be made through the University's Digital Sign Upload Form
Digital Signs for Social Media Use:
- Some Digital Signage may be used on the School of Engineering's and College of Arts and Sciences’ social media channels at the discretion of the Dean’s Offices staff
- All social media signage has a strict 25% or less text rule
- If requesting signage to be used via social media, please keep in mind the following audiences:
- Instagram: current students, prospective students, age range: 18-25
- Facebook: current students, parents, community, age range: 18+
- Twitter: alumni, faculty, parents, industry, age range: 25+
- LinkedIn: alumni, faculty, age range: 25+