Dr. Prashanth Asuri joined the Bioengineering faculty at Santa Clara University in Fall 2011 after holding research positions in academia and industry. Dr. Asuri earned his Ph.D. in Chemical and Biological Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and MBA with a focus on Leading Innovative Organizations from Santa Clara University. His research efforts focus on the development of in vitro cell culture platforms to assess nanoparticle toxicity and for cancer cell sorting. He teaches undergraduate and graduate courses on topics related to tissue engineering, nanobioengineering, and bioinnovation. Dr. Asuri also serves as the Director of SCU's BioInnovation and Design Lab that aims to partner with industry to create engineering solutions that transform domestic and global health.
Introduction to Tissue Engineering (BIOE 172)
Bioengineering Innovation and Design (ENGR 121, ENGR 122)
Introduction to Nanobioengineering (BIOE 256)
Advanced Topics in Tissue Engineering (BIOE 273)
Awards & Affiliations
- School of Engineering Researcher of the Year, Santa Clara University (2016)
- Founders Award of Excellence, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - recognizing the top 1% of the institution (2006).
- Howard P. Isermann '42 Graduate Fellowship, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (2003).
- Member of Editorial Board - World Journal of Stem Cells, Journal of Biomedical and Bioengineering, American Chemical Society Best of BIOT.
- Reviewer - Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering Journal, Langmuir.
Associate Professor, Department of Bioengineering