We provide a five-quarter retention policy for course videos stored in Panopto. This will affect any videos stored in a Panopto course video folder, including recurring automated lecture captures and Zoom recordings.
If you are currently, or plan to use course videos from prior quarters in your future courses, you will need to do one of the followings:
- Move the videos to personal folder for longer term storage
- Download the videos to personal computer
The Faculty Self Service Portal is upgraded recently to include download feature.
CONFIRM PANOPTO ACCESS
Before you begin, please sign in to SCU Portal at https://scu.edu/login and click the Panopto tile to make sure you are authenticated.
ACCESS SELF SERVICE PORTAL
- Click the Self Service Portal URL: https://www.scu.edu/is/academic-technology/class-recording and select the desire class
(If you encounter any error, please see the section above to make sure you are signed in to Panopto separately)
- Click each of the Download icons next to the video you want to download.
- Sign in to SCU Portal at https://scu.edu/login and click the Panopto tile.
- Once you are logged into Panopto, you can:
Click the My Folder tab in the left menu section to navigate to the desired folder (your non-Zoom-Pro cloud recordings are stored in your Meeting Recordings folder within your My Folder.)
You can also click the Browse tab to reveal all other folders that you have permissions to.
- Locate the file you'd like to download. Hover over the video and click the Settings icon.
- Click the Output tab located on the left side of the pop-up window, then click Download Podcast to download you video. Your video will be downloaded to your computer's default Download Folder.
If your video is recorded using Panopto's native recording system, you will have additional options to download your video in different layout.
- Under video's Settings > Outputs > Video Podcast you will be able to adjust the type of video you'd like to download.
- Select the type you wish to download, then click Apply.
The system will need to re-process the video before you can download the podcast with the new layout. Web viewer will not be affected by this change.
The default resolution for Panopto server is 720p at 30fps. Selecting a higher resolution for podcast download will only increase the size of the video, but not improve the quality.
|Course Videos created from:
|Target Deletion Date:
Fall 2016 through Summer 2021
|Fall 2021, Winter 2022
week of June 30, 2023
week of August 31, 2023
week of December 31, 2023
|week of March 25, 2024
|week of June 30, 2024
|week of August 31, 2024
|week of January 01, 2025
For training on advanced features and troubleshooting, please contact Media Services.