Graduate Policy Committee
The Graduate Policy Committee (GPC) works to improve graduate teaching and learning, and the overall quality of graduate education in the Leavey School. In that capacity, it serves as the final locus of dialogue in the formulation of School policies, procedures, and guidelines that relate to graduate concerns.
The Graduate Policy Committee’s charge is to:
- Review and evaluate proposals for new graduate academic programs to ensure their academic rigor and contribution to goals and mission of the School and the University.
- Review and evaluate proposals for substantive restructuring of graduate academic programs or departments within the School.
- Review and evaluate the work of those charged with specific responsibilities for various aspects of the School’s graduate academic concerns, for example, student advising, academic integrity, assessment, etc.
- Ensure appropriate consultation with students, faculty, and staff, and other key committees (e.g. the School’s Executive Committee and Undergraduate Leadership Team, and Academic Affairs).
- Dale Achabal (Fall 2017)
- Michael Eames
- Seoyoung Kim
- Michael Munson (Winter/Spring 2018)
- Manuel Velasquez
- David Zimbra
- Ex Officio:
- Helen Popper Associate Dean/ GPC Chair
- Toby McChesney
- Jana Hee