Current Research Areas
Current research efforts are in the following areas:
- Multibody and Analytical Dynamics: Extending the analytical theory of spinning-thrusting spacecraft and developing high–fidelity models for spacecraft with fuel sloshing.
- Control of Aerospace Vehicles: Developing control laws for the following applications:
- Improve the fuel efficiency of a new generation of commercial aircraft via wing shape control.
- Position tracking and control of multi-UAV via the concept of shared control.
- Attitude/position control of flexible space vehicles and vibration control of flexible components (structure).
- Attitude control of spacecraft with fuel sloshing.
- Attitude control of large solar sails.
- Guidance and Control of Reentry Vehicles: Extending the analytical theory of reentry vehicles and developing new optimal guidance and control (G&C) algorithms for atmospheric planetary entry vehicles.
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering