I joined the engineering faculty at Santa Clara University in 2014. I was lucky enough for my position to change from academic year adjunct to renewable term lecturer beginning in 2015. My faculty role is focused on our first-year students as part of the Introduction to Engineering class and lab, but I also teach community-based design and prototyping courses with engineering students of all academic years and even those outside of the School of Engineering.
In 2017 I became the Director of General Engineering. I oversee and assess the major and minor programs, review and hire faculty and staff, manage the budget, and advise both General Engineering and the undeclared engineering students. One new effort as Director is the creation of digital pathways and badging to facilitate students' journeys through college, connecting curricular and co-/extra-curricular experiences.
- ENGR 1: Introduction to Engineering
- ENGR 1L: Introduction to Engineering Lab
- ENGR 2: Introduction to Engineering Design and Prototyping
- ENGR 110: Community-Based Engineering Design
- LEAD 21: Exploring Engineering Vocations
- ENGR 194-196: Senior Design Projects 1, 2, & 3
- Presidents Special Recognition Award, 2018
- Sustainability Champion Award, 2018
- Design in Engineering Education Division, 2016
- Certificate of Achievement - Best use of an EFolio by a Department, Century College, 2011
- Outstanding Graduate Student Teacher Award, Kaneb Center, University of Notre Dame, 2007
- Striving for Excellence in Teaching Certificate, Kaneb Center, University of Notre Dame, 2007