PrinterLogic is a web application which manages our networked printers. The system will allow you to install a department printer by choosing it from a list, including the installation of the printer driver, for both Windows and macOS.
Jul 11, 2018
1. Navigate to https://scuprint.scu.edu.
2. Follow on-screen prompts to download and install the Printer Logic client. The download will appear at the bottom of your browser window once completed. Click the download to launch the installer, follow on-screen prompts.
3. Next you will be prompted to install the browser extension for the browser you use.
Chrome: 1. Click Install -> 2. Click ‘Add To Chrome’ -> 3.Click ‘Add extension’
Firefox: 1.Click ‘Install’ -> 2. Click ‘Add to Firefox’ -> 3. Click ‘Allow’ -> 4. Click ‘Install’
Safari: You will be prompted with ‘Do you want to trust the website “scuprint.scu.edu” to use the “Printer Installer Client Plugin” plug-in?’ Click ‘Trust’
(*** This will appear before the client installation of step 2. ***)
4. After install, you will have an icon for PrinterLogic located in task bar on bottom right of screen for Windows, top right menu bar for Apple computers. Clicking that icon (right click on Windows), will give you options to install printers and access print queues.
a. Clicking “Add Printer’ will open https://scuprint.scu.edu
5. To choose a printer to install, on the PrinterLogic website navigate the tree on the left to find the printer you want to install. Choose your Building, Department and Printer from the Printer Logic tree. (ie. Santa Clara University -> Learning Commons -> Academic Technology -> Technology Support Services)
Click the printer you want to install and follow on-screen instructions to install / set as
Apple: Click ‘Yes’. If you want printer to be your ‘Default’ printer, click the box next to ‘Set as default printer’ before clicking ‘Yes’
Windows: Click ‘Yes’. If you want printer to be your ‘Default’ printer, click the box next to ‘Set as default printer’ before clicking ‘Yes’