Wireless printers are not currently supported on the campus network.
However, students, faculty and staff can print wirelessly to a network or SmartPrint printer from their mobile devices.
The instructions (mentioned/listed below) will only work if you are located on the Santa Clara University campus at the time you perform them. Follow them in full in order to print wirelessly:
- First, you must have a SCU Username. If you are a student, you should have a SCU Username already assigned. If you are a current Faculty/Staff, use your SCU Username for login. If you are a new Faculty/Staff you can apply for a new account with the Faculty/Staff Network ID and Email Account Request Form (PDF).
- Next, you must setup the SCU wireless network on your computer. Follow the steps in the Wireless Adapter Configuration section under the Wireless Network Information page.
- Once you are on the SCU wireless network, you can install network printing on your computer.
- Faculty/Staff: if you would like to use a departmental printer, it is most likely on our PrinterLogic system. You can follow the installation instruction for PrinterLogic on the PrinterLogic information page.
- Students: if you would like to use the SmartPrint printers on campus, the SmartPrint client software installation instructions can be found on the SmartPrint information page.