This instruction is designed for instructors who are hosting a virtual Zoom class from a classroom on campus.
Before the quarter starts
It is recommended that you review the following instruction to schedule your Zoom lecture sessions within Camino course site.
- Schedule your class meetings using the Zoom Pro tab on Camino
- Recording your class meeting directly to your Camino course site
We recommend and used Google Chrome browser to make this documentation. However other browser programs may also work.
Start up the classroom system
- The AV Control Panel is usually located on the equipment rack or on the wall near the instructor station.
- Press the POWER button at the center of the control panel to start up the projection system.
Using the in-room PC or MAC computer
- Select PC or MAC on the AV Control Panel.
- Move the mouse or press on the keyboard to wake up the computer.
- Use your SCU credentials or use the guest account to log in. (Guest log in information is posted on the instruction in each classroom instructor station)
NOTE: Any content downloaded will be deleted when computer hard drive is full. Please remember to save your work to your own storage media.
- USB drives and wireless presenter receivers can be connected directly to the computer or to the left side of the monitor or USB hub where applicable.
MAC USERS: Please remember to safely eject your flash drive. If the computer does not recognize your flash drive, try restarting the computer.
If your classroom has dual monitors or a Wacom tablet display, we also recommend checking out the quick tutorial on how to use them with your Zoom sessions.
Zoom with Dual Monitor Mode (in most classrooms this is only available on PC)
The dual-monitor display feature allows the video layout and screen share content to be placed on two separate monitors/screens. Gallery or speaker view can be displayed on one monitor while the other monitor displays a content share. This is useful for PowerPoint presentations and hiding notes from the participants.
Please note that Mac users cannot see notes in Presenter view and their participants at the same time. This is limitation of PowerPoint for Mac.
Using the Wacom Display in the classroom
Wacom displays are interactive screens that allow you to write with a pen and annotate your content. The video below explains how to use the annotation features with the display in a Zoom call. Wacom displays are installed in Lucas and a number of other classrooms on campus.
Access your Zoom meetings within your Camino course site
- Open your preferred web browser and log on to https://scu.edu/login.
Log in using your SCU credential.
- Click the CAMINO tile.
Locate your desired Camino course, then click the Zoom Pro tab.
NOTE: If you need assistance setting up the Zoom Pro tab in your Camino course, please follow this instruction.
- Click Start to begin your meeting
- When system dialog prompts, click Open Zoom Meetings to open Zoom desktop client.
Test Audio & Video
- Once Zoom desktop client is loaded, you will see the following prompt. Please click Join with Computer Audio
- Click the arrow next to the microphone icon, then select Test Speaker & Microphone. Zoom will then guide you through testing your microphone and speaker to make sure it is working. The choice may be different depending on which classroom you are in. If you need assistance, please contact Media Services.
- Click the Start Video icon if you don't see your video right away. Click on the arrow next to the video icon to select a Camera.