The University and Alumni Association established a class audit program in 1975 for the benefit of interested alumni. The purpose of this service is to provide graduates the opportunity to audit (non-credit) undergraduate courses tuition free.
"So grateful for the @scualumni audit program. Only $50 to sit in on any undergrad class. Almost have the equivalent of a minor in computer science #LearningNeverStops #ProudBronco"
SPRING 2022: To protect the health and safety of our students, staff, faculty, and alumni, the alumni audit program will not be available (in-person or online), during the spring 2022 quarter. Please check back in August 2022, as we hope to be able to offer the audit program to alumni in the fall 2022 quarter.
1. You may only audit undergraduate classes through this program.
2. You may only audit ONE course per quarter through this program. Additional courses for regular University audit are available through the Office of the Registrar.
3. You must be a Santa Clara University alumnus/a of record to be eligible for the program. If you have completed your SCU coursework, your class must have completed commencement before you are eligible.
4. You MUST obtain permission from the professor to audit the course (space permitting).
5. You MUST have an SCU Alumni Email account. Since most classes will be online due to COVID-19, you need access to Camino (SCU’s online academic platform). Click on the link to register for an alumni email account. The process to obtain @alumni.scu.edu and gain access to Camino can take up to 7-10 business days. It is highly recommended you complete and submit the alumni audit request form (see the registration process below) at least two weeks prior to the start of the quarter.
6. You may register through the first week of class. You cannot attend a class prior to completing the registration process (this includes Camino access)
7. You must pay a $50 processing fee.
Please note, the professor and Registrar’s Office will not keep an official record that you audited the class. In addition, the audited class will not be on your official transcripts.
If you want to use the library during the audited academic quarter, you need to email the University Librarian’s office at email@example.com to request a library account
If you'd like to purchase course materials, you can do so through the Bronco Book Store.