In preparation for using Zoom during possible internet and/or power outages, we recommend the following adjustments to your meetings to ensure there are alternative ways for you and your participants/students to join the sessions.
If your Zoom invites don't include a "Join by Phone" option, use the following steps below to include a call in number for your Zoom sessions. The FAQ section at the end provides information on using the Zoom app on your mobile devices.
ENABLE BOTH COMPUTER AUDIO AND TELEPHONE
- Log in to mySCU Portal via https://scu.edu/login.
- Click the Zoom tile.
- Click Meetings in the navigation panel on the left, then click the title of the desired meeting.
- Scroll down then click edit this Meeting. If it is a recurring meeting select All.
- Scroll down to the Audio section, and confirm the Both radio button is selected. This will allow you and your participants to call in by phone.
- Scroll down and click Save if you made changes.
COPY MEETING INVITATION
- Scroll to the Invite Link section, and click Copy Invitation.
- When a small pop-up window opens, you can then click Copy Meeting Invitation and paste the information into your desired notes application. This has the phone number, meeting id and password to join your meeting by phone.
- Click Cancel when done.
If you have entered the Host Key to start the meeting, you will have host controls available to you by entering DTMF tones on your dial pad. To hear all available commands, enter ** on your phone.
*4 - End the meeting for all participants
*5 - Lock or Unlock the meeting
*6 - Mute or unmute yourself
*7 - Start or Stop Recording
Note: all participants in the meeting will be notified when recording is stopped or started.
*# - Hear the number of participants in the meeting
99 - Mute or unmute all participants
- Sign in to mySCU Portal and click the Zoom tile.
- Click Profile on the left navigation panel
- Scroll down to Host Key.
The host key is hidden by default, by clicking Show you can review your host key. You can also edit the host key to something you can easily remember by clicking the Edit on the right.
You should've received your meeting information via email or calendar invite. Copy the meeting information ahead of time and/or set up your email to be available offline.
Use Gmail offline
Once you are dialed into the meeting you will be able to use the following key combination to adjust your meeting settings:
*6 - Toggle mute/unmute
*9 - Raise hand
- Open your Zoom desktop client
Windows: Start Menu > Zoom.us
Apple: Look for Zoom icon on your application dock, or go to Finder > Applications > Zoom.us
- If prompted, Sign in with Google
- Click the Meetings tab on the top row.
- Highlight desired meetings and click Copy Invitation or Show Meeting Invitation.