Skip to main content



Release of Medical and/or Psychological Records or Information

Medical and/or Psychological records are confidential by law and are not released to anyone, including parents, spouse, friend, off-campus medical or mental health providers, and/or University personnel, without the written consent of the student. A completed Consent to Release of Information form with student’s official signature is required before any medical and/or psychological records can be sent, requested from, or discussed with a third party (off-campus mental health provider or facility, parent, other). A notary verifying student’s (or former student’s) signature may be required.


  1. Complete the appropriate Consent for Release of Information for SHS or CAPS from above.
  2. Include contact phone numbers in case there are any questions.  
  3. Sign requested form. (We will be unable to process your request without an official signature. If your signature is not verified and you are away for campus and cannot come into the Cowell Center to complete the form, you will be required to have the Consent to Release of Information form notarized.)
  4. Fax Notarized form to:
    (408) 554-2376 for Student Health Services
    (408) 554-5454 for CAPS