Services in Residential Communities
- Walk-In Consultation Hours: Students who live on-campus can sign-up for day-of consultation appointments. These sessions can be scheduled through the Cowell Health Portal and are 60 minutes long. Therapists in Residence conduct these sessions in their offices located in the residential communities. During these non-crisis consultations, students can address immediate concerns and get connected to further resources.
- Supporting Residence Life Student Staff: Therapists in Residence provide weekly support groups for residence life student staff. These groups build community, empower staff resilience, and reinforce coping skills so that the residence life staff can best support their residents.
Services in CAPS at the Cowell Center
- Individual Therapy: Therapists in Residence maintain a regular CAPS caseload of therapy clients.
- Group Therapy: Therapists in Residence run therapy groups for specific student populations through CAPS.
- Outreach/Programming: Therapists in Residence participate in CAPS outreach events and programming for the entire SCU community.
- Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) and Mental Health First Aid (MHFA): Therapists in Residence facilitate the QPR and MHFA programs at SCU.
Click to learn more about our Therapists in Residence: Kristin Tappan, MFT, and Melba Mathew, LMFT.