Skip to main content

B.S./M.S. Forms and Process

Accelerate Your Master's Degree

The School of Engineering's B.S/M.S. program provides a way for current SCU undergraduate students to begin taking courses required for a master’s degree before completing the requirements for a bachelor’s degree. Students typically complete the requirements for their master's degree within a year of completing their bachelor’s.

The B.S/M.S. program is offered for the following majors: 

Application Process

To apply, you will need to submit the Engineering Graduate Programs' Online Application no later than the end of your junior year. The application fee and the GRE General Test requirement are waived. Conditional admission into the B.S./M.S. program is based on a minimum GPA of 3.0 (this GPA is not cumulative and is based only on math, science, and engineering classes). Upon notification of acceptance into the B.S./M.S. program, students may begin taking graduate-level courses in their senior year and a maximum of 20 units can be transferred into the graduate program.

Registering for Courses

Please note that you will not be able to sign up for courses through eCampus until your B.S. degree is conferred and your student status is officially changed to Graduate Student. In the interim, you must do the following to correctly register for courses in your senior year (upon notification of your acceptance into the Graduate Program):

  1. Complete the Permission to Take Graduate Classes form.
  2. Have it signed by both your faculty advisor and the department chair.
  3. Submit the signed form to the Graduate Programs Office for processing.


  1. B.S. degrees (for those who are graduating seniors) must be posted by Sept. 1 to allow the student progression in their graduate career.
  2. Course numbers below 200 indicate undergraduate courses; numbers of 200 and above indicate graduate courses.
  3. Students may take cross-listed-courses assigned both undergraduate and graduate numbers (the same title used for both numbers) only one time, either as an undergraduate or graduate student.